Thread: Help!!! u0107 code DBW issue that has me stumped

Potential Tuner

Lightbulb Help!!! u0107 code DBW issue that has me stumped

Hello All,

I just finished an LS swap on my 86 k10. I got everything running good except for one issue. upon hard acceleration, Im getting a u0107 code for "lost communication with throttle actuator control". the truck is going into limp mode. it happens every single time. i have checked every wire for continuity on the throttle body, tac and pedal. all checks good. the pinks all have the right voltage along with the 5 volt ref on the TB. the grounds are all checking out too. i even grounded the PCM separately, i have maybe 4 grounds from block to frame and cab and nothing. i need HELP... pleaseeeeeeeee i thought getting the BMW fan was a pain. this is 10 times worse..

I just searched the subject. i might have a pedal and tac incompatible with the PCM. the engine is an L33 off a 2006 silverado 4x4. the junkyard lost the OG PCM and gave me one off an 05. how can i update the software on the PCM for the 06 version?
    Last edited by jm8126; 02-26-2021 at 12:55 AM.

If the PCM Service Numbers are compatible between '05 & '06, flash it using GM SPS/TIS+Tech2/MDI with a '06 VIN number.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by blindsquirrel View Post
    If the PCM Service Numbers are compatible between '05 & '06, flash it using GM SPS/TIS+Tech2/MDI with a '06 VIN number.
    thank you. i will look into that

Senior Tuner
    You can just write entire the 05 PCM with a 06 file. Will cost credits. I have some 06 53 L33 files if you need one. They are in Tunercat format but I could load one in a PCM and read it back out with HP Tuners or you can check the repository for one.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 2xLS1 View Post
    You can just write entire the 05 PCM with a 06 file. Will cost credits. I have some 06 53 L33 files if you need one. They are in Tunercat format but I could load one in a PCM and read it back out with HP Tuners or you can check the repository for one.
    How do I do that?

I have an 06 file. Is it the hard write? I tried doing it but I might be doing something wrong because it says the vin doesn't match. I'm a newbie on hp tuners.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by jm8126 View Post
    How do I do that?

I have an 06 file. Is it the hard write? I tried doing it but I might be doing something wrong because it says the vin doesn't match. I'm a newbie on hp tuners.
    I figured it out. I paid the credit for the new file and wrote entire. Truck runs amazing. I couldn't be happier. Thank you for pointing me in the right direction. ✅