Thread: Colorado harness & tune questions for LS

Advanced Tuner

Colorado harness & tune questions for LS

Having a hard time finding anything that is for a 2010 to 2012 Colorado Canyon regarding LS swap support.

Has anyone successfully done a 2010-2012 Colorado or Canyon inline with RWD 5 speed to v8 with RWD manual swap?

Did you use the LH9 harness & stock inline PCM? What did you have to do to the harness for it to plug & play with the swap? Was it as simple as finding the neutral safety switch bundle & override it or was it more in-depth? Did you have to source an original V8 PCM file meant for the LS or did you massage the inline PCM file?
    Any tips or things you'd do different after the fact?
    I have a burrito in my colon, yet refried beans come out...
    How i know it's from the same meal? I didn't ingest corn any other time.

Advanced Tuner
    Is there a possibility to have the trucks 2.9L PCM benched flashed using Tech2 software to install an OEM 5.3L Colorado baseline file prior to using HP tuners software? Can the folks at HPT perform this if the PCM is mailed to them?
    I have a burrito in my colon, yet refried beans come out...
    How i know it's from the same meal? I didn't ingest corn any other time.

This is a Gen 4 V8 question, I don't know why it needs to be in the 'other' category.

Factory (and factory-type) programming tools are available for sale to the general public, and so are SPS subscriptions. There are hot rod shops that offer programming services so that you don't have to spend $4000 on tools just to program your one ECM in your one project car. HP Tuners is not one of those hot rod shops.

'10-'12 Colorado L4/L5 and V8 ECMs have different service numbers. Not compatible.

As far as I know there isn't an E67 operating system that is: V8; and manual trans; and compatible with the IPC/ABS/BCM/SIR in the Colorado. E67 is a weird duck to start with so choices are limited. A Camaro E67 OS doesn't know how to talk to Colorado modules. (and a CTS-V E67 doesn't know how to talk to Camaro modules, so nobody is picking on your particular platform.) They are pretty much platform-specific by this year range. I think you're screwed, and hope this project is still only in the 'gather info' stage and not yet to the 'buy parts and start cutting shit' stage.

As complex as it seems, sometimes leaving the factory ECM in place and using a standalone to control the engine is less of a pain in the ass than trying to do something completely impossible using all factory modules.

Um... unless there are massive errors in multiple parts catalogs, including GM's own, 2012 Colorado 5.3L was available with a manual trans. Dunno how many were built or how to go about harvesting a valid VIN from one so equipped, but apparently they did exist somewhere.