Thread: E38 VIN change process

E38 VIN change process

Can anyone explain the Change VIN wizard process for an 12633238 E38? I read a previous thread with someone changing the vin on a p01 411 and someone from hptuners mentions that different ECMs may need a different process than what was detailed.

Trying to get a 2011 camaro VIN onto an E38 that currently has a 2013 silverado VIN/os. GM SPS is currently giving me an error when trying to reprogram the E38. Both the 2011 camaro and 2013 silv used the same service number E38 and I have flashed the same camaro VIN on another silverado E38 with SPS with no issues. Error specifically says that the VINs are different and I need to put a security code in to finish that flash.

A tuner buddy suggested using HPTuners to change the vin before using SPS to fool it and allow the programming.

TIA

Any advice? I currently have unlimited gen 4 silverado and camaro unlocked but when I change the VIN from the silverado to camaro and try to Write the new VIN, I get an unlicensed vehicle error with no option to apply credits for the new VIN. Both tune files have the same OS so I dont know why I am having so many issues. Any insight?