Thread: Having Trouble getting car to turn over!!!!

Potential Tuner

Exclamation Having Trouble getting car to turn over!!!!

So my ls swap (Gen 3 2002 Silverado 5.3L with gt45 turbo) will not turn over after modifying the stock tune. On stock tune, the car ran very rich where smoke came out of the exhaust. If anyone can take a look at my file and let me know if I am missing anything or something looks off that would be greatly appreciated.

Car will not turn over or idle for that matter and just a little confused.
    2 Bar (VE TABLE) Pt. 7.hpt2 Bar (VE TABLE) Pt. 7.hpt

Change the cylinder volume for the 5.3 engine.

What injectors and MAP sensor are you using?

There is still lots of little things needed like fueling, power/boost enrichment and timing changes but that won't be the cause for the no start.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Sorry I have 60lb Injectors, 2 bar map

Who's 60lb/hr injectors and what 2 bar MAP sensor?

I want to make sure that all the injector data is right and that the linear and offset settings for the MAP sensor are correct.

A log file of it trying to start is helpful too.

From the change log it appears the only thing injector related that you changed what the flow rate. That is not nearly enough because the flow rate, min injector pulse, short pulse adder and offset vs volts data all must be changed for injectors.

The injector data must also be accurate for the fuel pressure you are running. Many injectors are rated at 43.5psi but 90% of people are running 58psi, so the 60lb/hr rated at 43.5psi turns into 72lb/hr or whatever at 58psi.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    okay so the injectors are flow delphi 650cc injectors. And you know what....i just rechecked the map sensor i purchased and its a one bar map. I just put in a order for a 2 bar map. Wouldnt the car still start with a 1 bar even with 60lb injectors?

Potential Tuner
    here is the log file of it cranking
    Cranking Idle Pt. 1.hpl

Who is Flow Delphi though?

What I'm trying to get at is, who did you buy the injectors from and did they come with data?

Data is what we want. Companies like Deatchswerks, Fuel injector Clinic, Fuel injector Connection and so on all sell injectors with data. If you have no data then they aren't going to do you much good.

Yes, a tune can run with a 1 bar MAP sensor and 60lb/hr injectors but you have a tune file that says it's running a 2 bar MAP sensor. The 1 bar MAP sensor needs data of 94.X and 10.X but your tune says 200/10. So it won't run when the data is wrong. You can plug in the 1 bar MAP data for the linear and offset settings and it will run again. Won't run good but it will run.

And plug your coolant temp sensor in, it won't want to start when it thinks you live at the north pole.