Thread: Newbie, 2016 Yukon 6.2 will not write

Potential Tuner

Newbie, 2016 Yukon 6.2 will not write

This vehicle requires 2 credits per the "supported vehicle list". When I went to write for the first time it took 2 credits for the ECM and 2 credits for the CCM. So I licensed just the ECM with 2 credits. When I try to write the tune to the vehicle the "not licensed" window pops up for some reason. It shows that the 2 credits have been used(picture attached)license image2.jpgLicense problem.pdf. Why wont this write? Thanks in advance. Sorry for the newbie questions. Ray Webster NY

Because the CCM costs credits.

Go back to the truck and click read vehicle, then before you read the vehicle click gather information or whatever it says. Only select the PCM and TCM and save that file. If you already have the license for the PCM and TCM you can make changes to that new file and then write to the vehicle.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Thanks SFDP! I figured it out. When I read I selected "Read" button instead of "Gather Information" button. Since this reads more than just the ECM HPTuners thinks I want to write to more than the ECM. So I "Gathered Information", only read ECM, modified tune and it wrote successfully. Thanks again. Ray