Thread: E40 LS2 first start issues

Potential Tuner

E40 LS2 first start issues

Attached a log file and tune file I was hoping someone could glance at. This is an unopened '06 LS2 E40 from a tbss. The tune file is completely untouched aside from vats removal and Ive verified that from a couple stock tunes from the repository. Fuel trims max out immediately and when revved up to 3k the ltfts stay high, which should indicate a fuel delivery issue not a vac leak? With the first pump customer provided I was only getting 50 psi. Ive since changed the pump now getting 60 psi, no change. MAF is currently failed. Any help is appreciated thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files

Do you have cats? Go ahead and make P0101,102 to mil on first error also. Under Airflow--Dynamic, set the disable to 8000/7900. Now it's in SD. Make sure that you go to scanner and clear fuel trims before you start scanning. And then let it run a bit before worring about lfft's. Better to look at stft's.
    Your idle timing is really low in the scan. Vacuum leak? What did you do with the intake tube from the TBSS? If the maf is failed, then you just need to adjust the ve table. If you turn the maf back on, if it is not in the same size tube and the same place, you will need to retune the Maf.
    Last edited by Lakegoat; 02-27-2021 at 03:16 PM.
    2000 Camaro SS 2015 L83 port injected, Whipple 3.0, 4L80E, 8.8 Ford
    2013 Silverado 5.3, 6L80k 8.8

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakegoat View Post
    Do you have cats? Go ahead and make P0101,102 to mil on first error also. Under Airflow--Dynamic, set the disable to 8000/7900. Now it's in SD. Make sure that you go to scanner and clear fuel trims before you start scanning. And then let it run a bit before worring about lfft's. Better to look at stft's.
    Your idle timing is really low in the scan. Vacuum leak? What did you do with the intake tube from the TBSS? If the maf is failed, then you just need to adjust the ve table. If you turn the maf back on, if it is not in the same size tube and the same place, you will need to retune the Maf.
    I did everything you mentioned to fail the maf. I've also been resetting fuel trims before every start. It barely starts stumbles and chugs until the stfts kick in. Stfts then immediately max out to 30%. After ltfts come in the stfts come down to around zero. I have no clue why the idle timing is so low. Seems like I shouldn't have to touch the ve table as it's a completely stock engine? I dunno this thing is really starting to irritate me

Is the exhaust complete, like no open headers??
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Yeah full exhaust system with ideal 02 sensor placement. The 02s are literally reading 60mvs at start up before stfts kick in it has no fuel. Were trying bypassing his entire fuel system now wondering if he's got a chunk of shit in his fuel line. Can't find any vac leaks

You have to tune the ve table because that is determining the fuel requirements now that you don't have a maf. Did you take the maf out of the intake and unplug it? If so, did you split out the iat sensor? What size throttle body is on there? It looks like there is too much base running airflow pushing the timing down, but the numbers in the tune look OK.
    Last edited by Lakegoat; 03-03-2021 at 12:24 PM.

Potential Tuner
    The ve table is off by 30% on a completely stock motor with a stock tune? I just ditched the e40 ecm and harness, took an old truck harness and p01 and hooked it all up, same thing lol 30% trims both banks. Bypassed his entire fuel system with my own. Even changed the intake thinking the intake was compromised considering the engine was in a wreck even tho I couldn't find any vac leaks. I guess I'm gonna try different injectors cuz that's literally the only thing I haven't changed. He put them on right before bringing it to me and said they were cheap. Part number on them is correct for an ls2 but who knows if they're chinese crap. Highly doubt that's what the problem is but I'm completely lost. Completely moronic just throwing parts at it at this point

I am pretty sure the P01 did not have the correct injector data. It would have been good to know the injectors were changed. That can cause you a bunch of problems. Just keep throwing parts at it if you don't want to try and tune it. First would be correct injector data.

Potential Tuner
    I had the correct injector data on both ecms. The problem was his injectors. I wish he had told me earlier that he put chinese injectors on it. The only thing he told me at first was they were brand new. Went to the junk yard and bought two sets. First set had 14% trims bank 1 and 0% bank two. Changed just the 4 on bank 1 and it runs great. Once again the only thing that was brand new was the issue should've known better. Thanks for trying to help guys I really appreciate it sorry to waste your time with something so stupid. Gonna leave the P01 setup on it because he prefers the dbc