Thread: Remote tuning

Remote tuning

So I have HP Tuners and used it to make minor adjustments. After buying the program, as I started reading about what all was involved, I decided I did not want to screw up my ride (I would have spent some time learning, but I run my own bidness and have little time for extra curricular activities)

So, I had my '09 Chevy Colorado 5.3L 4spd Auto tuned by a guy locally that has good reviews as he does a lot of vettes and cameros

So, I hear about remote tuning and I'd like to return my Auto Trans setting back to stock, or at least change the settings that make it shift more firm.

The guy did a good job tuning my truck, but the trans bumps a little too much when under acceleration

Just wanted to see if anyone knew how to adjust this without changing the shift points - is this just decreasing the PSI slightly to get slightly less abrupt shifts? (like maybe set it back to factory PSI settings?)

Or do I need to seek out someone for remote tuning?

I can post my tune if need be

I do remote tuning!!

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C

Tuner in Training
    Open up VCM Editor and go to trans>shift general>look at inertia factor profile upshift section. These tables control shift feel, based on engine speed in RPM. You can make some simple changes to your tune if you have the MPVI and are overall happy with your tune. Pick the gears changes you want to be softer (examnple 1-2 upshift). Lower numbers to the tables to make the transmission shift feel a little softer. Sight unseen, I recommend you try taking any number that is between 3 and 5, and subtract by one. You will need to so this for each table that relates to where you want to change. So if you want 1-2 and 2-3 to be softer, make changes in those tables. If you are happy with 3-4, leave it alone. This is subjective, and you really can't hurt anything. Play around and see if you can get it to shift more to your liking. Make small changes, flash the vehicle, drive it and see. Good luck.

IFP.PNGprofile 1-2.PNG