Thread: 18 ZL1 heads and cam build idle help

Tuner in Training

18 ZL1 heads and cam build idle help

I just finished up my build and I'm trying to get the car to idle and run rich enough so I can drive it to my tuner. I have added a total of 50% more fueling through 10% increments until my wideband was showing close to lambda (swings from .9 to 1.12) through the VVE tables and bumped up the idle to 850rpm and it seems to idle much better. When I get on the throttle and let off it will hunt for idle and sometimes come back or even shutoff. I honestly dont have much knowledge with the Gen 5 torque based tuning so I wanted to see if someone could give me some suggestions to get this thing dialed in enough to drive 30min away to my tuner. I was already in contact with him but wont be back until wednesday so he cant help me out. I have attached a log and my tune below. The build is a M6 stock bottom end LT4 w/ ported and milled heads, 226/242 .635 .635 cam, ported blower, 2" headers w/offroad conn pipes and a monster lt1-s triple disc. Any help is appreciated

50% vve 850 rpm idle.hpl

idle and flex vve 50% 850idle.hpt

Tuner in Training
    here is another log that has the afr gauge in it
    Attached Files Attached Files

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    post your factory file please

cam specs
    fuel lope
    intake
    Last edited by SultanHassanMasTuning; 02-28-2021 at 02:28 PM.
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Tuner in Training
    specs of the cam are 226/242 .635 .635 116LSA 38% fuel lobe, It has a rotofab big-gulp w/ a nick williams 103. The car had the ported blower, intake, TB and exhaust setup on it previously. I will post that file below. Thanks for the reply

Try this file

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Silspark View Post
    Try this file
    Awesome thank you so much! just got back from a drive and it ran great!

u r Wlcm

Potential Tuner
    So what was the main problem for the idle issue? I am currently having a similar issue on my 18 zl1