Thread: 2017 Challenger R/T Magnuson 8psi tune

Tuner in Training

2017 Challenger R/T Magnuson 8psi tune

Magnuson revision 2.28.21 8psi timing adjusted pe.hpttesst 22821.hpl
    The car is running pretty well overall, but I feel like I may be down in power to what 8psi should be on this engine.
    There is a Snow Performance Stage 2 water injection kit installed, with a number 5 nozzle coming in at 2psi and maxing out at 11psi (so it never hits full steam, so to speak) with summer windshield washer fluid in the tank.
    Attached is the current tune and a log file. I do not have a wideband hooked up to it yet, that is coming next week.
    2017 Dodge Challenger 5.7 A/8
    All factory, including rotating assembly
    Magnsuson TVS2300
    Hellcat Injectors
    Hellcat 525 fuel pump

It's running a bit lean at WOT

Tuner in Training
    PE calls for low 11's.....will verify once the wideband is installed.

Tuner in Training
    Do you ever have issues with the meth spraying at part throttle sometimes, or at too low of an rpm? I'm running basically the same setup (snow kit and 8lb maggie) and was thinking of running the smaller nozzle to not quench combustion when I'm not actually at WOT. Or is the #5 still small enough to not give any issues? I have my boost restrictor out btw so boost is instant

Quote Originally Posted by 11challenger View Post
    PE calls for low 11's.....will verify once the wideband is installed.
    Any verification for us.. have you worked on the ve tables? What injectors are you running

Don't make anymore wots until you have wide band. Your PE is not really good. it is definitely not at 8 PSI according to that KPA. Narrow bands should be maxed and they don't seem to be. So you are lean!!! If I get more time I will give it a look

Tuner in Training
    The car was running lean. The PE tables are bumped up quite a bit from this tune, which helped significantly. The water/meth kept it cool and together I would imagine.
    I can add a new log soon, as I haven't checked on this post in quite awhile.

Tuner in Training
    I find the #5 to be fine for me, when ramping the injection rate up to full spray at just above the 10psi range (meaning it never goes full bore) when I am running mostly water. I haven't mixed up a true meth/water batch just yet.