Thread: A 'what is the most correct way' question regarding a swap tune.

A 'what is the most correct way' question regarding a swap tune.

I'm interested to know how you'd go about this tune. This is a swapped 6.2 from a wrecked 2011 Corvette and a 4L60E from a 4th gen F-body. To control this properly, a 2007 Trailblazer (OS) E67 and T42 along with it's pedal are in the car as shipped from the harness manufacturer. The 6.2 is as it came from the Corvette using headers and a cold air intake with the Corvette MAF.

Everything runs well other than a few very minor gripes that I just haven't spent enough time on like a cold start issue (in weather I normally wouldn't drive anyway).

My question is this...most of the tune now is reasonably close to what the Trailblazer would've had stock. Is this an ok starting point or should the injector data be swapped over from the a stock 2011 Corvette (E38) along with a few other tables (whatever they may be) and start from there?

What would you do if you were tuning a car with this hybrid combo?

Senior Tuner
    At the very least, you need to copy all of the Corvette injector characterization data, MAP data, engine displacement, MAF tables and timing tables from the Corvette.

At that point, you can begin the fine-tuning.

Advanced Tuner
    What previous car's fuel pump system most closely resemble what you're running now?

I'm currently running a 5th gen Camaro SS pump.