Thread: Wideband Tuning first try logfile big cam LS1

Tuner in Training

Wideband Tuning first try logfile big cam LS1

Installed a cam in my LS1 238/242 .600 lift
    6 Speed car
    Headers
    removed egr/air
    Need help learning how to tune this car. Running really lean on the wideband at idle (I leak some vac to keep the car running/idling)
    Low throttle bucking LOL
    My O2 voltage looks weird
    Any ideas for channels to add?
    Should I tune timing first? Add some at idle to help idle?
    Add some fuel at idle and try to lower my AFR?
    Just baby step around starting with low RPM?
    I'm attaching a short idling/up and down the street logfile with wideband data. How should I setup my scanner layout/gauges to display the AFR? widebanddrive1.hpl

Does it have open headers?

Post the tune as well.

Your o2 sensor aren't really working either, bank 2 is unplugged or has a connection issue.

Make sure that the EGR and AIR is disabled, disable COT too.

If you have no vacuum leaks you can add fuel to the MAF and VE to get the fueling closer to it can idle better.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training

tune oops

Black TA cam headers EGR off.hpt
    Exhaust has headers, test pipe and muffler
    OK Thanks I'll play around with it.
    I'll close the vac leak and try another 02 or see if I can figure out the problem

Tuner in Training
    Why does my table have pink and light blue boxes after pasting a table? (screenshot attached, thx)Screenshot (124).png

Tuner in Training
    I think I have a small exhaust leak on the secondary pipe on my headers on that bank 2, would that throw off the 02 signal in the manner in the data? (my logfile in original post?)

Tuner in Training
    ok swapped in some tables and found an unplugged 02 sensor so I have better data now. Car got tables from a 230 cam car and is running better. Still a lot of low throttle bucking, how do I improve road manners?
    Attaching todays log and tune file. Thanks for more clues to help me tune this carBlack TA cam headers EGR off.hptday 2 wb.hpl
    I really want to graph the AFR on my scanner but google searches come up with addressing AFR error so any insight on that is appreciated. Thanks very much

You're going to be hard pressed to eliminate the low throttle/low rpm surging and bucking. My advice is to keep the rpm higher to stay out of those areas. I will try and take a look at the log and tune files this evening, but you're shooting in the dark until you figure out how to log the wideband. Are you trying to do it through the MPVI2? And if so, do you have the Pro Features enabled?
    Last edited by Evo8john; 03-03-2021 at 07:18 AM. Reason: Grammar errors
    Owner/Tuner@Evolution Automotive Performance
    Lincoln, Ne

Quote Originally Posted by mxhalofan View Post
    Why does my table have pink and light blue boxes after pasting a table? (screenshot attached, thx)Screenshot (124).png
    pink to red means the changes are positive compared to what the file loaded with

blue to dark blue means the current changes are less than what the file loaded with

so if the file came in with the number 5.0 and you make it 4.9 it will turn blueish. And if you make the other five nearby from 5 to 3 it will become darker blue than the 4.9 because the amplitude depression is deeper.

Keep the easy ones coming its all im good for =P

Quote Originally Posted by Evo8john View Post
    You're going to be hard pressed to eliminate the low throttle/low rpm surging and bucking. My advice is to keep the rpm higher to stay out of those areas. I will try and take a look at the log and tune files this evening, but you're shooting in the dark until you figure out how to log the wideband. Are you trying to do it through the MPVI2? And if so, do you have the Pro Features enabled?
    this
    '12 Caprice PPV 6.0 L77 - daily transportation
    8.7 @ 84 (1/8 mile) bolt-ons

'02 Silverado RCSB 5.3 L59 - regularly street driven
    8.2 @ 86 (1/8 mile) stock cam and spray
    8.6 @ 84 (1/8 mile) cam and heads no spray

Our YOUTUBE CHANNEL featuring the Silverado

Tuner in Training
    oh cool thanks for the responses. I'm learning and enjoying this stuff
    Car is running better after warmed up and driven but the cold start problem is car can barely move itself and will die
    Cold idle and low RPM power (below 2k RPM ish) is really lacking. Can't drive it until it's warmed up or it'll stall and have to have the thottle feathered
    Clutch pulls really smooth once the car is warmed up so I've been tweaking some low RPM stuff but feel like I need to read the data better
    I am datalogging wideband AFR (graphed too)
    Does anyone graph engine coolant temp?
    I'm assuming the STFT and LTFT will keep learning and adjusting . I need to read up on these.
    Can anyone look at my scanner layout and provide tips?
    I'll attach a short data log from today and my tune file if anyone wants to have a look. (I copied some tables from a 230 cam car file from the tune repository here and adjusted some low RPM fueling and timing)Black TA cam headers EGR off.hptfridaylog.hpl
    My STFT are pulling fuel abotu 10%, but when I pop the throttle my AFR does a lean spike to 20. I'm looking over the data and data logging every day and adjusting some values but need to learn to read the 02 data and fuel trims, any advice is appreciated. Thanks a lot guys.