Thread: 99 cherokee 4.0 crazy knock retard

Potential Tuner

99 cherokee 4.0 crazy knock retard

so im stumped at this point, i have no idea why im getting this knock retard and ive done everything to try and stop it, all spark ive even turned off anything to do with spark retard or spark knock, it can sit key on engine off and itll bounce from 7.5 to like 120 of KR ENGNE NOT RUNNING... while running it does it to and it bounces the injectors with it. and ontop of all that these jeeps dont have knock sensors. heres a log of it doing it, and the the stock tune it was on (this happened before i ever touched anything in the tune)

Potential Tuner
    how to you attach documents?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by jrogers0696 View Post
    how to you attach documents?
    Under reply, go advanced. Should be able to upload from there

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by jrogers0696 View Post
    itll bounce from 7.5 to like 120 of KR ENGNE NOT RUNNING
    I have a 2000 jeep grand Cherokee and have the exact same thing going on. I've been wondering whats going on there. have you figured anything out so far?
    Ive just been figuring that there's no way timing is jumping that much for how it drives so the feed must be something else. I'm also not qualified to say that confidently though.

Tuner in Training
    I didnt even know them ol 4.0 i6's had knock sensors. My 04 4.7 WJ has them but only because its an H.O., the regular 4.7 and the 4.0 dont have knock sensors in the WJ. Post up your tune file and logs.

Potential Tuner
    Ya, I?ve never figured it out, it drives fine, and I actually just built and dropped in a 4.5 stroker over the weekend, only test fired it so far. But taking it to windrock like next week. Cherokees do have a 4.0 HO, but no knock sensors? So I?m stumped as to why my scanner bounces KR and injectors like tha