Thread: ZF8HP 8 speed tcc lockup settings (14' Ram)

Advanced Tuner

ZF8HP 8 speed tcc lockup settings (14' Ram)

For the torque converter lockup in 6th gear, are there any ill effects in adjusting the
    "6: slip --> lock" values (2300 rpm in the table) down closer to the rpm values of "6: unlock --> slip" (1050 rpm) at lower accelerator pedal inputs? Maybe going down to "1400 rpm."

Higher accelerator pedal positions have the values much closer together such as 1050 rpm and 1060 rpm in the table.

Harshness on lockup at lower speeds would increase I'd imagine, but could damage occur also?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Advanced Tuner
    You won't hurt it.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemituna View Post
    You won't hurt it.
    Thanks, I'll give some minor changes a try.

Advanced Tuner
    The issue before with everything stock, even after a transmission flush, new filter and fluid, was a phantom rev of about 100 rpm back and forth when the torque converter was locked at steady throttle.
    Maybe it's an aging torque converter as the vehicle has over 110,000 miles.

Anyways, reducing the rpm spread helped completely eliminate the phantom rev up in 7th and 8th gear with the tcc locked up.
    Sneaking up on the settings in 6th, I have it almost entirely absent in that gear with the 1400 value.
    I did notice that now there's a minor flare in the 6-7 and 7-8 gear change. Perhaps it wants more pressure on those gear changes.
    *update: 6-7 and 7-8 gear change flare is gone, must have been a "freshly after flash" symptom before.

New to this so may chance I'm getting this wrong... But could that have anything to do with as you slow down and it downshifts into First gear only it has an uncomfortable jerking downshift by chance? Could adjusting that help with my issue?

Advanced Tuner
    Sounds like the torque converter could be unlocking around the same time as it downshifts. You could set the master switches for the torque converter to "disable" for whichever gear you wish. Should help in your diagnosis.

OK I'm looking into it right now I'll update if it worked or not! Thanks for responding!

* to verify under the "torque converter" tab I disable "tcc enable" 1st gear to "disable" to see if it's the torque converter is causing my issue correct?
    Last edited by 14HemiRam; 04-27-2021 at 08:34 AM. Reason: Went to change setting and wanted to verify that I understood correctly.

Advanced Tuner
    Yes the master switch tabs for each gear, best of luck.