Thread: Purchased a Gen 3 Coyote. Where do I start?

Potential Tuner

Purchased a Gen 3 Coyote. Where do I start?

Hello everyone. I am brand new to tuning, purchased a 2018 Mustang GT and I'm looking to start tuning it. I have just unlocked the vehicle, and the extend of my knowledge is just turning off gear hang on upshifts. Where are some good resources for someone like me to start?

Advanced Tuner
    Do a search there is a lot of info posted here and some tunes to download and open as a compare. That would be a good start

What do you Have planned for the car

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill88stang View Post
    Do a search there is a lot of info posted here and some tunes to download and open as a compare. That would be a good start
    Thanks for the response! I will take a look at some threads. Right now all that I have planned is an exhaust and JLT CAI, Headers down the road.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostofnyc View Post
    What do you Have planned for the car
    Right now all that I have planned is an exhaust and JLT CAI, Headers down the road towards the summer when the weather gets better.

Advanced Tuner
    The stock calibration is really good and hard to improve upon. I do think the borderline timing tables are set low, which slows response since you have to wait for knock advance to come in. If you are committed to 91 or 93, I would log knock response and if you are consistently getting advance then you can improve torque response by adding to the borderline tables. However, you need to understand how the mapped points work first.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Cozy View Post
    Right now all that I have planned is an exhaust and JLT CAI, Headers down the road towards the summer when the weather gets better.
    i would definitely recommend getting a pmas, they actually flow bench their maf housings so the data they provide on their website is needs very very little adjustment when compared to a JLT. They dont look as good as a jlt, but proof is in the pudding.
    ?Our greatest success comes from failure? -Confucius

Advanced Tuner
    I heard lund can do tunes. For headers. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Cozy View Post
    Hello everyone. I am brand new to tuning, purchased a 2018 Mustang GT and I'm looking to start tuning it. I have just unlocked the vehicle, and the extend of my knowledge is just turning off gear hang on upshifts. Where are some good resources for someone like me to start?
    Welcome

post your stock read and tell us what your end goal is

Quote Originally Posted by paulsmithsr View Post
    I heard lund can do tunes. For headers. Lol
    I can't imagine trying to remote tune a Gen 3... Before I bought my HPT suite I had a tune from one of the three letter email tuners and the "Final revision" has over 4000 IPC torque error just idling... Unless you get someone like Murfie or Decipha to remote tune, you are wasting money.