Thread: Credit Question for custom OS

Credit Question for custom OS

I have been working on modifying a factory tune from the repo. Basically just getting everything setup so that when my MPVI2 gets here I can flash and go. I would like to enable 1 Bar RTT, but of course I have to save a license the file to do that. (at this point, I've just been leaving the tune open until I got further along and learned more about hp tuners)

so... do I need to license this file as well, or can I just spend 2 credits only on the PCM I have, and tune that factory file? Will I be able to add RTT to that factory tune and will that cost more credits?

just for grins, If I license the file I'm working on, so I can save my progress. Is it possible to just push that tune to the PCM without licensing what's in the PCM already? I really dont care what's in there now.

yes I'm trying to be cheap. (But for a good reason I promise)

OS upgrades do not cost anything extra.

Once you pay the 2 credits to license the file on the computer you can make changes to that file basically an unlimited amount of times. If that "stock" file has the 1 bar RTT upgrade in the OS tab, you can apply that upgrade at no cost, flash it to the computer and keep tuning it like you did before the OS change.

Always save the "stock" file in case you ever wanted to stop using the 1 bar OS upgraded tune file.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Ok thanks. Just to clarify though... if i was starting with a pcm with a different tune, then i would have to license both tunes?

If you have 2 different PCM's, yeah you'd have to license both if you wanted two different computers.

Otherwise you only need to license one computer. You can save other files that aren't yours or files that you don't want to license but still copy the data and paste it into your computer.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.