Thread: 2011 Ford Raptor - no crank after flash

Potential Tuner

2011 Ford Raptor - no crank after flash

1. My 2011 Raptor had a custom tune which I pulled with an MPVI2 before taking it to the dealer for a recall.
    2. The dealer flashed the computer as part of the recall.
    3. After it came back from the dealer I looked at the tune and compared it with the original STOCK tune.
    The only thing that was different was in the transmission...

So:
    1. I copied the transmission changes over to the custom tune that I had previously been running successfully (updating my custom tune) and wrote it to the vehicle.

Now:
    My truck will not even try to crank. It simply does not seem to know how to. And If I leave the key turned on I can see all kinds of error codes.

So:
    1. I flashed the computer back to the version that was last working (copied all from the file that came from the dealer as a part of the recall).

Still:
    The truck will not crank.

Does anyone know about how to resolve this type of situation? Anyone ever seen this?

Sounds like the dealer flash changed the strategy. Check for an update sticker on the PCM. (required to do by the dealer).
    If you restore to stock, does it start?

Potential Tuner
    If you restore to stock, does it start?
    No it does not.

Sounds like the dealer flash changed the strategy
    Change the strategy... So what does that mean exactly? Like, I can't use the HPTuners product anymore on this particular PCM because its the wrong strategy? (hah, little bit of fun with words here).

Did you pull the tune off after it went to the dealer as a back up. Once its at the dealer the strategy changes and you will have to pull that tune and modify it so it matches the computer.