Thread: Supercharged to Twin Turbo Tune

Unhappy Supercharged to Twin Turbo Tune

Just upgraded from a supercharger build to a twin turbo build and am needing some help. I was email tuning with someone who had the supercharger setup running great and I was planning on running a 9 second pass before I broke the driveshaft. Since I was told it would be a 8 week wait, I decided to go ahead and switch to the turbo kit I had laying around.
    Well I am almost ready to crank the car and was waiting on my tuner to send me a tune for the new setup so that I could crank the car. Was trying to make a race next weekend on March 13th. Haven't heard back from the tuner (he's always quick with responding) so we called today and found out he is in the hospital and now I dont know when I will hear from him. He told me before that the new tune wouldn't be that much different than the supercharger setup.
    I've tried looking up stuff to see what all I could do myself but I am just not experienced enough or confident to try it out.
    Can anyone help out or recommend someone who is good with tuning on twin turbo builds? I can add the logs.
    I had a 2.8 kenne bell with Kooks long tube headers
    My current setup:
    2009 SRT8 Challenger 6.1
    426 Hemi
    Twin 63mm Borg Warner turbos--They are mounted under the car on both sides of the transmission.
    Turbowerx pump
    New cam but similar to the supercharger setup
    FIC 1200 Injectors
    3 bar map sensor
    Back to stock headers
    2 Tial Blow off valves and 2 Tial wastegates
    co2 kit
    Boost Leash/Pulse Leash
    Innovate PSB Failsafe gauge
    Stage 6 Motorsports 2 step
    War Viking Max transmission with trans brake

If I need to add any other info just let me know. Stressed out over here and desperately need some help with remote tuning. If I can get a tune to crank it on, it would extremely help me out.
    Last edited by Ashlee; 03-01-2021 at 09:36 PM.

Tuner in Training
    I don't see any reason you can't crank it on the old tune and drive it SLOW. I would not get into boost until you get a proper tune though.

Thank you, that puts my mind at ease.
    Actually just heard back from the tuner and he's alive. Thanks.
    Last edited by Ashlee; 03-02-2021 at 12:32 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceyrider View Post
    I don't see any reason you can't crank it on the old tune and drive it SLOW. I would not get into boost until you get a proper tune though.
    This should hold true provided the injectors are the same/have similar characteristics (flow/offset etc) to the ones from the previous tune and the MAP sensor has not been changed.
    Last edited by HaasExp; 03-02-2021 at 07:57 PM.