Thread: p01 ecm 4.8L boost 3 bar

p01 ecm 4.8L boost 3 bar

hello guys dealing with a lean issue, wondering if anyone has dealt with leaning out when going WOT on vehicle.
    mods are boost cam,80lb dekas on stock fuel lines and pump. tr6 plugs tighten up around 25 WITH A 78MM TURBO PUSHING 10LBS.. Running on 93 pump gas and seems like i can drive this thing all day even roll into the throttle lightly and it'll build some boost and stay around 11.3 AFR but as soon as i stomp on the gas it leans out. any ideas?? what might be causing this? I've been trying to work the VE table and it needs a lot of work. haven't been able to be successful with it at all seems like I keep over shooting.2000 p01 3 bar lean at wot current.hpt
    Last edited by Lone_mfkn_wolf; 03-02-2021 at 10:34 AM.

Senior Tuner
    It could be several things. Certainly could be the stock fuel pump. That's where I would start. It's very likely to struggle with 5 psi boost, muchless 10 psi. You can put a gauge on it and see if it maintains pressure until full boost. I'll bet it doesn't.

If you'll post the tune and a datalog, we can help you further.

Definitely watch the fuel pressure. I bet it's dropping off. A Walbro 450 is cheap and goes in pretty easy, or the AEM 320 is a good pump too and seems to be more available currently.
    Owner/Tuner@Evolution Automotive Performance
    Lincoln, Ne

im going to install a fuel gauge on it and go WOT real quick to see if it hold and eitherway replace it with a 450 i think.
    tune is added, dont have any logs but will try to get some. my VE table is jacked still trying to get it dialed in.
    Last edited by Lone_mfkn_wolf; 03-02-2021 at 10:35 AM.

Ok guys tested the fuel pressure and it definitely goes down. At wot goes from 50psi to 30psi quick so I let out. Got a fuel pump on order. I’ll be keeping you guys posted with updates, and thanks for the responses.

Pump replaced and it?s a total difference now

Glad it was a simple solution.
    Owner/Tuner@Evolution Automotive Performance
    Lincoln, Ne