Thread: Neon SRT-4 Setting up 3 bar map sensor

Potential Tuner

Neon SRT-4 Setting up 3 bar map sensor

Greetings-

Ive been tuning my own cars for the last few years and have had all sorts of fun so far. The first software that I really became familiar with was ECMLink V3 on my DSMs, which is very well supported by a solid community that was very willing to guide me as I presented questions. Since then Ive learned ecuflash/evoscan, Hondata, AEMs nightmare FIC6, and some of the later Holley offerings.

I grabbed a Neon SRT4 a couple months back to try something new- Just purchased the MPVi-2 with pro features.

On the immediate agenda is:

- swap from the stock Map/tip sensors to 3 bar sensors
    -swap the stock injectors to the Siemans 1025 (@58 psi)
    - wire wideband into PRO Link for logging
    -wire fuel 0-5v transducer into pro link for fuel pressure logging, or whatever i might be interested in collecting data on in the future

I haven't spent a ton of time learning the program yet, but see many nights of falling asleep at my desk reading ahead of me. At this point, I can see that there is some data that I am going to have to come up with for both the 1025cc injectors, and the 3bar Map sensor. I believe I have found this data, but would love a sanity check from any of you guys who are more experienced. If anyone speaks fluent ECMLink the info should be very relatable I hope.

Any input from anyone is majorly appreciated and I look forward to being a part of this community, and eventually having the ability to help others like me who want to do this.

Tuner in Training
    Settings for 3 bar MAP sensor:

Map Sensor Linear: 61.85 kPa
    Map Sensor Offset: 6.80 kPa
    Map Sensor Offset: 0.10 V

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by richhurley View Post

These settings are correct assuming you're using a Caliber 3 bar MAP sensor, or the Mopar S2/S3 sensor for the NSRT-4 platform.

If you actually want to understand how these numbers are derived, the formula is:

y=mx+b

Where "m" is the slope (aka Linear value), b is the offset (in pressure), and x is the voltage output of the sensor.
    Last edited by B00STJUNKY; 03-02-2021 at 01:45 PM.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by richhurley View Post

Thank you so much for this!

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by B00STJUNKY View Post
    These settings are correct assuming you're using a Caliber 3 bar MAP sensor, or the Mopar S2/S3 sensor for the NSRT-4 platform.

If you actually want to understand how these numbers are derived, the formula is:

y=mx+b

Where "m" is the slope (aka Linear value), b is the offset (in pressure), and x is the voltage output of the sensor.

Awesome- Thank you for making that crystal clear ! - Mopar S3 unit is what I have.

Now is there anything else that I need to change pertaining to the 3bar swap, or is that all?