Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trouble With Limp Mode Using N2MB WOT Box 2019 On 10R80 Mustang

Tuner
    Popcorn............

Quote Originally Posted by rryanfla View Post
    Popcorn............
    Tuned multiple cars with pop corn and 10 inch flames, all of them running good and strong, boosted and not, 1-3 gen...

Quote Originally Posted by veeefour View Post
    Nope, you are wrong. I just did a 2018>2016 ecu swap for example to know for sure that you are selling BS cuz you cant take any responsibility for few engines you have granaded.
    I'm not selling anything. Haven't grenaded any engines actually. I don't even know who you are. You sound very insecure though. Have a great day
    2020 Mustang GT Daily driver
    |Hellion Sleeper|10R80|Full weight, full exhaust, BABY seat in the back|
    8.3@167mph

2014 Mustang GT
    |Hellion TT|Powerglide|Ignite114|
    6.87@200mph

Jordan Performance and Racing

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Justinjor View Post
    Sorry to say but you're 100% wrong. do some research on the topic, as I have, before making false statements.

Ignorance at its finest here.
    definitely never had that issue on his car and its been used in multiple races over the past year and with 150 shot of nitrous. Curious who you referenced for the install. something wasn't right. Also personally know two other people making 900+ wheel on their gen 3 setups that use MSD and they've never had an issue. So what probably happened is it was wired to throttle signal in the wrong place and kept the 2 step on while you were under high load and bam there went the motor.
    ?Our greatest success comes from failure? -Confucius

I'm not selling anything. Haven't grenaded any engines actually. I don't even know who you are. You sound very insecure though. Have a great day
    I'm sure you are a celebrity around your neighborhood...cheers m8...

Quote Originally Posted by aaronson View Post
    definitely never had that issue on his car and its been used in multiple races over the past year and with 150 shot of nitrous. Curious who you referenced for the install. something wasn't right. Also personally know two other people making 900+ wheel on their gen 3 setups that use MSD and they've never had an issue. So what probably happened is it was wired to throttle signal in the wrong place and kept the 2 step on while you were under high load and bam there went the motor.
    I personally got 3 phone calls the night it happened from people who experienced the exact same thing. After posting on social media, I was flooded with loads of 'me too' responses immediately following the MSD box going on the cars.

Coincidence? I doubt it. They all had the same exact failure in cylinder 3. Built motor, stock motor - it doesn't matter - the MSD will destroy cylinder 3 on a 2018+ coyote.

Not all have the issue, but many do.

and now MSD specifically says to not use their product on direct injected coyotes.

I own and operate a performance shop and do this for a living. It's not my first rodeo. I triple checked the installation and everything was 100%. MSD doesn't have a throttle signal input. You are probably thinking of a N2MB wot box which is completely different and does not have the issue.

The MSD is 100% the cause of this failure. Myself and many others learned the hard way unfortunately.
    8.3@167mph

2014 Mustang GT
    6.87@200mph

Tuner
    Come on man. Actually he knows wtf he is doing. No need to be like that. Were all not born with this knowledge. Im sure you are a good tuner, but theres no need to chastise.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by rryanfla View Post
    Come on man. Actually he knows wtf he is doing. No need to be like that. Were all not born with this knowledge. Im sure you are a good tuner, but theres no need to chastise.
    im not trying to chastise him im actually curious what happened, I've never personally had someone thats used it, have that happen to them. So im wondering what went wrong.

Advanced Tuner
    I personally got 3 phone calls the night it happened from people who experienced the exact same thing. After posting on social media, I was flooded with loads of 'me too' responses immediately following the MSD box going on the cars.

Coincidence? I doubt it. They all had the same exact failure in cylinder 3. Built motor, stock motor - it doesn't matter - the MSD will destroy cylinder 3 on a 2018+ coyote.

Not all have the issue, but many do.

and now MSD specifically says to not use their product on direct injected coyotes.

I own and operate a performance shop and do this for a living. It's not my first rodeo. I triple checked the installation and everything was 100%. MSD doesn't have a throttle signal input. You are probably thinking of a N2MB wot box which is completely different and does not have the issue.

The MSD is 100% the cause of this failure. Myself and many others learned the hard way unfortunately.
    ahhhh youre right I was confusing the throttle signal input on the Nirtous controller with the MSD. My bad, just out of curioisty did you use the ground signal to trigger it or the power signal to trigger it? I have every confidence you know what your doing, however we all make mistakes, me including. hell just last week I accidently turned off fuel enrichment on a 2012 gt500 by zeroing out enrichment rate. Luckily I caught it in the log when lambda wasnt moving away from .98. All i wanna know it why it caused the failure on your motor, and not on others. trying to eliminate variables.

ahhhh youre right I was confusing the throttle signal input on the Nirtous controller with the MSD. My bad, just out of curioisty did you use the ground signal to trigger it or the power signal to trigger it? I have every confidence you know what your doing, however we all make mistakes, me including. hell just last week I accidently turned off fuel enrichment on a 2012 gt500 by zeroing out enrichment rate. Luckily I caught it in the log when lambda wasnt moving away from .98. All i wanna know it why it caused the failure on your motor, and not on others. trying to eliminate variables.
    I legit checked the install at least 3 times, and I had my tech look at it too, just in case.

Car ran and drove perfect. STFT and LTFT were exactly as before which leads me to believe the install was correct. We drove it to the track about 40 mins away with no issues. Tested the t/b and 2 step without issue. Car was perfect. As soon as it left the starting line, it broke. And within the hour I had at least 3 different phone calls of people telling me they had the exact same thing happen to them and that it was the #3 cylinder that was most likely broken.

Sure enough, that's what it was.

Not sure the cause but it's something to do with how the coil signal passes through the MSD box when not actually on the 2 step.

at low loads its fine as n/a cars and relatively lower hp cars do not have the issue. It only seems to be an issue with the system is loaded down making some decent power that the msd issue presents itself
    8.3@167mph

2014 Mustang GT
    6.87@200mph

Advanced Tuner
    I legit checked the install at least 3 times, and I had my tech look at it too, just in case.

Car ran and drove perfect. STFT and LTFT were exactly as before which leads me to believe the install was correct. We drove it to the track about 40 mins away with no issues. Tested the t/b and 2 step without issue. Car was perfect. As soon as it left the starting line, it broke. And within the hour I had at least 3 different phone calls of people telling me they had the exact same thing happen to them and that it was the #3 cylinder that was most likely broken.

Sure enough, that's what it was.

Not sure the cause but it's something to do with how the coil signal passes through the MSD box when not actually on the 2 step.

at low loads its fine as n/a cars and relatively lower hp cars do not have the issue. It only seems to be an issue with the system is loaded down making some decent power that the msd issue presents itself
    Very good to know, 2 step on the gen 3 is much more illusive than the gen 1 and gen 2. So its good to shed some light on it. Sorry that your motor took a hit, but I guess the silver lining is that factory parts are cheap, unless you build it.

Not the worst thing ever. Just time and money. I was using 12v to activate it by means of the reverse lights that are illuminated when transbrake is active
    8.3@167mph

2014 Mustang GT
    6.87@200mph

Tuner
    im not trying to chastise him im actually curious what happened, I've never personally had someone thats used it, have that happen to them. So im wondering what went wrong.
    Wasn't directed at you