Thread: Stolen cable

Tuner in Training

Stolen cable

A while back I bought hptuners with a friend of mine and we both paid half on it. Well recently he got orders to go to Korea for a year and I've been trying to call him to get the cable since he won't be able to take his car to korea. Well he's just been avoiding my calls so basically he is taking off with the cable. Is there anything that I can do to get a replacement cable for my car? His screen name on here is mvenom408.
    2000 Trans Am A4 with 3.42 gears SLP(lid, cold air, 85mm mass air flow sensor, LS6 intake), MSD wires, long tube headers, off road y pipe with o2 sims, 3 inch full exhaust with a flowmaster and stock tips.

You are going to have to work it out with him.

But if you truly believe the cable is stolen then an email to the HPT staff should get some kind of result even if it isn't necessarily to your liking.

EC
    Always Support Our Troops!

Tuner in Training
    What is their email?
    2000 Trans Am A4 with 3.42 gears SLP(lid, cold air, 85mm mass air flow sensor, LS6 intake), MSD wires, long tube headers, off road y pipe with o2 sims, 3 inch full exhaust with a flowmaster and stock tips.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    sales at hptuners dot com
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

I had my laptop stolen and my cable, i e-mail Keith and he said there's nothing he can do, in order to get a new cable you have to have the core, meaning the old one and he swaps you. So, like he told me, you have to buy a whole nother complete set, meaning you have to pay another $500.00 and get the software, cable and another set of 8 GM credits. THat's what he told me. If anyone hears different let me know, cause i just purchased antoher MPVI Kit tonight.
    2004 Sierra, 5.3L, K&N, TB Bypass, HP Tuners, FLT 4l80/Yank PT3200/SE Conversion, Dynatech LT's, LS1 Fans, 3:73's, HID's in Headlights/Fogs, 22" Velocity Wheels.
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2492197

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    there really isnt, if it was stolen from your house it should fall under homeowners insurance...if it was stolen out of your vehicle it should fall under your automotive insurance.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by foff667
    there really isnt, if it was stolen from your house it should fall under homeowners insurance...if it was stolen out of your vehicle it should fall under your automotive insurance.
    Not true. Homeowners insurance cover "personal property" anywhere, not just in your home. Auto insurance excludes it. It would be subject to the HO deductible.

Bob (insurance agent for the past 14 years)
    2011 Silverado ECSB 4x4 5.3, 6L80, Magnaflow cat-back, Airaid CAI.

Gone but not forgotten. '02 Avalanche 5.3, Vortech supercharged, 3.12 pulley, 10 psi boost, SMC meth injection, 212/218 .558/.563 115LSA cam, shorty headers, off-road Y-pipe, 3" elec. cutout.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    ahh ok, so then his case WOULD fall under the homeowners insurance then. A few years ago my car got broken into on my property & I went through my homeowners insurance to get the money for the cd's & shit that got stolen out of it...makes sense.

Tuner in Training
    ...now if I just knew a little more about tuning but I'm learning.
    2011 Silverado ECSB 4x4 5.3, 6L80, Magnaflow cat-back, Airaid CAI.

Gone but not forgotten. '02 Avalanche 5.3, Vortech supercharged, 3.12 pulley, 10 psi boost, SMC meth injection, 212/218 .558/.563 115LSA cam, shorty headers, off-road Y-pipe, 3" elec. cutout.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    its all about fuel & spark...once you get those figured out the rest is a cake walk

Quote Originally Posted by foff667
    its all about fuel & spark...once you get those figured out the rest is a cake walk

Its all about how HP functions interact with each settings...
    Last edited by dc96819; 11-21-2006 at 08:02 AM.

yah, i went through auto insurance, nothing will be covered. And my parents wont let me file a claim under their house insurance, they are being lame.
    2004 Sierra, 5.3L, K&N, TB Bypass, HP Tuners, FLT 4l80/Yank PT3200/SE Conversion, Dynatech LT's, LS1 Fans, 3:73's, HID's in Headlights/Fogs, 22" Velocity Wheels.
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2492197

Quote Originally Posted by shady1504 View Post
    A while back I bought hptuners with a friend of mine and we both paid half on it. Well recently he got orders to go to Korea for a year and I've been trying to call him to get the cable since he won't be able to take his car to korea. Well he's just been avoiding my calls so basically he is taking off with the cable. Is there anything that I can do to get a replacement cable for my car? His screen name on here is mvenom408.
    F#ck you! I didn't steal it, I paid for half of it and I sent it back to you, then I get back and you the one that says it was stolen, seems like the screen name suits u well, get with me if u wanna settle this like a man you POS! I can't believe I just ran into this thread........
    TSP H/C 430WHP

Advanced Tuner
    Doh!

LOL, 6 years later and they are still talkin' s#it