Thread: XDI LT4 +30% injector basic tuning

Tuner in Training

XDI LT4 +30% injector basic tuning

I've just upgraded from the OEM LT4 injectors to the XDI LT4 +30% injectors on my car that has an LT4 HPFP with a +32% fuel lobe cam and a DSX low side secondary pump.

The calibration sheet that came with the injectors shows the Flow Rate in HPT needing to be changed from 17.73g/s to 22.94g/s. This is based on the average flow rate tested across all 8 new injectors.

My question is: is this single change enough to be able to start and drive the car so that I can begin to get some log files for my tuner (if he replies to my emails!)?

Yes, but honeslty I don’t believe it’s the right way... but yes the data that I’ve seen in these injectors is just that change

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C

Tuner in Training
    Great, thanks for the confirm. I know the general consensus is to go secondary port injection when you start hitting big numbers, but sadly (for a few reasons) that's just not an option for me. For now I'm just goign to have to see how far DI upgrades and meth will take me.

You should get your tuner on the low rpm fuel corrections right away. Those injectors put out a lot of fuel with the stock maf curve.
    2000 Camaro SS 2015 L83 port injected, Whipple 3.0, 4L80E, 8.8 Ford
    2013 Silverado 5.3, 6L80k 8.8

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakegoat View Post
    You should get your tuner on the low rpm fuel corrections right away. Those injectors put out a lot of fuel with the stock maf curve.
    Yeah you're right. I just started the car slowly revd it to 3k rpm. It started stumbling and misfiring AFR's in the 12's.

Hoping my tuner will get in touch to look over my log.