Thread: LS3 EOIT Boundary Difference 5th Gen Camaro vs C6

Tuner in Training

LS3 EOIT Boundary Difference 5th Gen Camaro vs C6

So I have been looking at threads to try and find tips for getting a little more mileage out of my 5th Gen Camaro and read a thread where someone put an LS3 cam into an L99 or L76 and this person was told to use values from a C6 Corvette for injection timing but to reduce the Boundary by 5. So I compared the Boundary values from a 5th Gen to a C6 (both LS3s and stock cam) and I was wondering if someone could tell me if it is safe to change my Boundary values to those of a C6? Not sure if it would net more MPGs but I think it would put more fuel on the back of the valve which I think would lead to better atomization... All of the other injection timing values are the same from both tunes

5th Gen:

C6:

I think I will need to touch up the VVE, MAF and WOT after this but I want to be sure this is an OK thing to do. Already upped timing in the cruising cells which seems to have helped a little. But that could be from trying to drive smoother lol

If this is safe I'll try reducing the C6 values by 5 as well

Thanks!

2010 camaro ss e85 bolt ons lean out PE by 2pcnt.hpt

Mods:
    Z/28 intake
    NW102
    Fast102
    50# truck injectors
    1-7/8" headers, no cats
    2.5" catback
    ATI pulley
    ZL1 pump
    Last edited by xc_SS/RS; 03-03-2021 at 05:55 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    The injection timing isn't going to really have an effect on fuel economy at cruise. And it won't change atomization at all...fuel that hits the valve has already left the atomized state and condensed into a quickly-evaporating liquid film, if it makes it there as liquid at all...your intake ports at operating temp will be plenty hot to vaporize ethanol. To improve fuel economy, I'd first re-incorporate the PE delay that has been removed. While it exists for emissions, that delay is also a big benefit to fuel economy as it prevents enrichment during short transients and tip-ins where power is not really needed. And with E85, you'll need to pay close attention to base spark and MBT spark. Ethanol will tolerate more spark advance, but at low load it will be far from its knock limit...and the potential exists to exceed MBT during cruise and hurt torque that way. Best approach is a chassis dyno to figure ethanol MBT out, but it can still be done on the street if you take some time with it.

Tuner in Training
    Gotcha, so it sounds like those settings should stay as they come. I forgot to mention this is on 93 and not ethanol. I run e85 occasionally, mostly when drag racing but thats good info about it. I pulled the ethanol timing tables off of a friends 1LE Camaro after he sent me his file and haven?t paid too much attention to them. Usually keep it to 30-40% ethanol to get a little more knock resilience at the track. I dont think the LS3 picks up much with ethanol in stock form.

The tune name is just a combo of major changes I have made lol

Edit: I have a 3? x pipe with 100 cell cats that I might need to install to pass the inspection in WV. Would that potentially increase mpgs since the o2s would have a decent heat source near by? It?ll get plumbed into 2.5? axle backs to hopefully keep drone to a minimum. The cats would hardly reduce exhaust flow being 100 cells, but I wonder if the o2?s would switch better/more cleanly and result in better mpgs...

I?ll give the PE delays a shot as well!
    Last edited by xc_SS/RS; 03-04-2021 at 10:03 AM.