Thread: Misfire?s on multiple cylinders without DCT?s (L83)

Misfire?s on multiple cylinders without DCT?s (L83)

I was tooling around with scanner and decided to add misfire by cylinder to my channels. Did a log I had some right at start up and in light pedal on 4-5 cylinders with low counts 1-2 hits. There?s no DCT?s and MIL isn?t on plugs and wires are new and I pulled them recently all looked uniform and oil free. When I see them pop up I?m not noticing any hesitation. Obliviously there?s a ecu threshold. With no codes leaves me unsettled, the concept of constant misfiring doesn?t sit well with me. The motor?s got 50K, and I took both of the valve covers off rockers/pushrods/valve spring/etc where good. Any thoughts let me know, since it?s random and subtle on multiple cylinders I?m not think a compression test will yield anything.

I notice it all the time on these engines, doesn't bother me at all. Seen it on LS engines even back to the early GEN 3's. It will always pick up 1-3 misfires at idle, counts return zero and then get a random one here and there even if you do a small rev and back to idle.

I always raise the idle for a smoother feel, 500-525 is too low so I go to 575-600 to make it better. Obviously higher if need be or if it's got a camshaft.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.