Thread: 2005 6.0L HD P59 ECU E Fan enable issue

Potential Tuner

2005 6.0L HD P59 ECU E Fan enable issue

I have added the wires to my ecu for e-fan conversion, the pins function as expected when manually enabled from hptuners, however they do not function during operation of AC or at expected temps. Do I need a re-flash or adjust specific settings?

Senior Tuner
    Should be obvious but did you change the Fan Type setting from No Fans to 2 Fans and write that to the PCM? 05 6.0s usually have all the other fan parameters set up for E-fans that will work with temps and A/C.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 2xLS1 View Post
    Should be obvious but did you change the Fan Type setting from No Fans to 2 Fans and write that to the PCM? 05 6.0s usually have all the other fan parameters set up for E-fans that will work with temps and A/C.

Potential Tuner
    I did ensure that setting, but the pins did not seem to enable at any time during operation for the AC or warm ect. I was monitoring ac pressure / etc, but never saw the pins enable. I also chnaged the ac fitted options but to no avail.

Senior Tuner
    Copy all of the fan settings from a 2005 Silverado 1500 to your fan tables and you'll be good to go.
    2005 Sierra 4.8L Bill Garlock.hpt