Thread: A Flash by the dealer

Advanced Tuner

A Flash by the dealer

Greetings. 2008 Chrysler 300c 5.7 had issues with the tcm needing to be flashed. Dealer had it for 2 weeks. Finally get a call with a report on the flashing. They said that they couldn?t flash the tcm and now my pcm isn?t working. The problem was, put the vehicle in gear it wouldn?t show on dash... o?s with x?s in the position of the position selected. Now that?s working but now I have codes for o2?s and EGR, MDS, and u0100, u0101 no communications. I read the both the PCM AND TCM but when I go to write, write calibration selected for [NGC4] but operating system ID?s are different! Does anyone knows what would be my fix? Thank you in advance.

Tuner in Training
    Did you get anywhere with this.
    Ive just had a pcm replacement on an 06 with a harrop ontop. Since flashing in the old file to get it running, i now have u0100 and its symptomatic of this issues that justified the replacement to begin with?

Hard to get answers about how the chryster OS works

Unable to flash tcm in those cars is likely because someone put a mopar egs3 unit in where a egs2 unit is stock. Pull the lower dash apart beneath steering wheel and get a look at the sticker on the unflashable unit. It'll say. Need to source a proper tcm and then flashing would be possible. Egr valves on those cars are straight junk. Been here done this before. You're in one of the 5 limp modes with dash lights because they or you tried to initialize egs on it, something that should never be done.

Operating system ID is different because of the fact that they either flash updated or replaced the pcm. Dodge dealers are the most incompetent people I have found time and time again. Hope they didn't steal from you for their lack of education and training.
    Last edited by drumnbasslvr; 07-24-2021 at 11:04 AM.