Thread: TCC release at part throttle

TCC release at part throttle

Hi everyone, I am new to HPTuners, I have used the live software in the past, so I have a lot of screen time with very minimal understanding of what to do to accomplish my goals. Todays issue is the TCC lift release on a 4L80E, I have read that it can be adjusted in HP Tuners? If this is true could someone please point me in the right direction? I have been scouring the software trying to find this, as well as correlate HP to Live, it is starting to sort of make sense. I will say HP is a powerful tool from what I have figured out so far.

Any help would be appreciated

This isn't starting very well, my first post and ...... Crickets......

tcc release is a ton of tables. depends what you are trying to do with it.

to stop tcc release for decel find the table which differentiates tps "high" from "low" then set the high table so that 0% tps the tcc stays locked,
    this will keep the tcc locked on decel until it hits "low" mph and tps conditions and then it unlocks

It will help a bunch if you post a tune file so others can see what you are working with. A tune file and a mention of a year/platform/swap vehicle or not/stock harness or modified stock or aftermarket would be even better.

Quote Originally Posted by blindsquirrel View Post
    It will help a bunch if you post a tune file so others can see what you are working with. A tune file and a mention of a year/platform/swap vehicle or not/stock harness or modified stock or aftermarket would be even better.
    OK, I guess that I did leave you all at a disadvantage with my question, (a noob mistake I'd recon).

the build - 2001 K2500. was a 6.0l now 8.1l, kept the 4L80E, put the DBC from the 6.0 onto the 8.1, yes it fits, I measured the bores of both and they are identical.. The 8.1 is bone stock with the exception of Bosch type 3 36lb injectors, fuel pressure is lowered to 45lbs, true duals., CIA, MAF still in play for now.

The current tune - Is a complete disaster, I do have the AFR in a safe range, that is all Ill say about that. so I am in the process of "attempting to build a new tune for/in HPTuners , I took a stock 6.0/4L80E tune and compare tune is a 8.1/4L80E tune, I am copying the info that was flagged in (compare) into the 6.0 tune. I still need to get the injector information input, but here is my current progress. As I stated earlier, I have a working knowledge, but almost "0" experience. so I'm sure I've got this all jacked up. Any input would be humbly accepted.

2001 SILVERADO CUSTOM BUILD.101.hpt

goto Torque converter, Apply/Release. Set all the Low speed TPS Lo/high and Highspeed TPS Lo/High to 0%. This will prevent the converter from unlocking when you lift off the throttle.

If you want to adjust you locking up speeds and shift speeds, download the bluecat software.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Chuck View Post
    goto Torque converter, Apply/Release. Set all the Low speed TPS Lo/high and Highspeed TPS Lo/High to 0%. This will prevent the converter from unlocking when you lift off the throttle.

If you want to adjust you locking up speeds and shift speeds, download the bluecat software.
    Thank you Chuck, I'll look into that Bluecat software

Potential Tuner
    Hello,

I apologize for replying to an old thread. However I am experiencing the same nuisance with unlocking when lifting. I have tired as described in post #7 putting Low_low-hi and Hi_low-high to 0% and still experience unlock. I have included two tunes, one with all Low and Hi at 0% and one with only High at 0%. All other shift schedules and apply/release settings were created by Bluecat then tailored to my driving style.
    Vehicle is a stock 02 Chevy Silverado 2500HD 6.0 - Gearstar 4L80E

Thank you again for your time.

Donnie

Advanced Tuner
    got a data log? are you sure its not detecting a misfire and unlocking TCC?
    "I don't care how it runs as long as it chop chops at idle"

Potential Tuner
    Hello,
    I will do a log one day this week. I am certain it’s not a misfire. It unlocks soon as you release accelerator, then reapply. It’s more of a nuisance than anything.
    I have a 95 Yukon where I swapped in a 80 and had a prom written and stays locked during release.

I will upload log asap. Thank you again for your insight.