Thread: 6.0 2 Bar Os, 15-35% throttle acceleration break up, stumble

Potential Tuner

6.0 2 Bar Os, 15-35% throttle acceleration break up, stumble

6.0, 4l80e, 2 Bar os, small stall, 42lb inject, vortech supercharged.

The issue is part throttle breakup, stumbling. Timing didn't help much. I am pretty sure it is a fuel issue, like transient fueling or something with Accel enrichment.

I have attached the current tune and a log file from yesterday.

Idle also surges but never stalls, so it is currently low on my priorities.

Thank you all for your time.
    John
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    From the data, it looks like the stumble is due to too little spark advance causing partial misfires. Can't say for sure though....file is locked.

Potential Tuner
    sorry I loaded from a different laptop, I will have to re upload that once I am back to the shop.

But... I see what you mean, it dips down a lot in the 75kpa to 100kpa below 2400 rpm for some reason. THANK YOU. This was really my first post in almost 12 years...lol

Capture.JPG

Nope, still tuner locked.

Random stuff here. You really need to log your injector pulse width, knock retard, commanded AFR and get your wideband working. Also remove the 1 bar map channel, only log the 2 bar channel. Just from the o2 sensors it looks to be going lean in boost because the o2 mv are dropping pretty quick.
    Last edited by 5FDP; 03-04-2021 at 05:19 PM.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    solved... strange I don't remember locking... sorry
    Attached Files Attached Files

What fuel injectors are they?

I agree that timing needs to come up where you have all those cells at 8 degrees.

Commanded fueling in PE and BE is not good for boost. The PE eq ratio can stay at 1.180 but the boost enrichment needs to change to 1.25 for a safer air fuel ratio in boost. Raise the PE MAP kpa enable to like 80-90kpa as well.

The VE needs a lot of help with your wideband.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Updated my scanner file for this setup. thanks for that.

I do have an LC2, I just didn't run it for this log. It is saying in the 10.9 range under boost. I don't completely trust it, have a AEM on the way.

Potential Tuner
    these are L67 3800 Supercharged injecters at 60psi.

Never ran those injector or worked with them so I'm not sure how much of your data is correct for them. Any injector be it a larger stock injector or aftermarket from a vendor like Fuel injector connection would have data for the Injector flow rate, Minimum Injector pulse, short pulse adder and offset vs volts.

If your wideband says 10.9 but the commanded AFR per the tune is 12.44, you can see that there is a lot of work that needs to be done to fix the fueling. Commanded needs to match actual. Obviously you have to change the boost enrichment value to command around 11.5. Then it's just a matter of making the VE table correct to match it at idle, part throttle and into boost.

Potential Tuner
    few changes as recommended. I will give it a try tomorrow. Your Awesome just like the Band, with the same call acronym

Potential Tuner
    3.2021 data log lol.PNG

So I also need bigger injectors, so those will need injector data changed again. These are set with the best info I could find online.

what do you think about the stumbling at low.... or don't worry till I get some 80lbers or something?

What's your spark gap?

Is this still a stock camshaft? You are throwing this thing way up there in rpm, not good if it's stock camshaft or valve train.

Get new injectors before making any other real changes. Make sure they are name brand and not some cheap knock offs or injectors without data.

Potential Tuner
    pac springs, titanum retainers with a elgin 1840-p with roller tip rockers, BTR lifters, comp pushrods.... but I agree and I lowered the shifts down 500rpm

Senior Tuner
    You definitely need bigger injectors. You reach 100% injector DC around 4400 rpm, then it begins to lean out as the rpm increases. It's around 14:1 AF ratio by 6500-6600 rpm. It's got a lot of timing in it at that rpm as well...especially if you're on pump gas.

Yours is the only one that I've ever seen go over 250% injector DC. I didn't know that the scanner would even read that high. Once you get the proper injectors in it, you'll need to dial the the VE table properly.

Your tune file says SD. To be in full SD, under DTC's, you need to make P0101,102,103 --Mil on first error---not no mil light. If you do not want to see a mil light, uncheck the 3 boxes. Under Airflow, Dynamic, make Disable 8000 rpm so it doesn't try to reference the maf. I can't believe that you haven't broken something revving it that high, that lean---
    2000 Camaro SS 2015 L83 port injected, Whipple 3.0, 4L80E, 8.8 Ford
    2013 Silverado 5.3, 6L80k 8.8