Thread: Fueling latency 3v

Advanced Tuner

Fueling latency 3v

2006 mustang, 4.6l, manual, ported Whipple blower, 93mm maf, short tube headers, LU47 injectors. 91 octane fuel.

I have been working at this for a while and I can't seem to get my EQ ratio inline with the PCM commanded value. I also seem to get broad swings on the actual EQ. My biggest concern is the car is supercharged and its taking a seemingly long time to add fuel when boost comes in. I am leery about running it hard because of this. Car makes good power, will smoke tires at a part throttle roll. I am not sure if I am just misreading something, or if there is some magic in the tune I haven't found yet .

LTFT+STFT is a little off in the current iteration, behaves the same when they are spot on.

3v whipple 3 5 21.hpt
    Slow city driving.hpl
    Cruising.hpl
    Light accel.hpl

I am happy to log it with more data if required. These are pretty much just commuting file.

Thanks for looking!

Advanced Tuner
    So I was able to mostly resolve this by bumping up my LWFM above 42% throttle. Needs a little smoothing at the transition between 31.3 and 42 but is otherwise happy.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by B E N View Post
    So I was able to mostly resolve this by bumping up my LWFM above 42% throttle. Needs a little smoothing at the transition between 31.3 and 42 but is otherwise happy.
    LWFM?
    That acronym isnt ringing a bell.
    Im having similar issues with a supercharged 4.6 2v 2000, however my problem is opposite of yours, the car over fuels when the throttle moves, if you hold it steady it levels @ stoich.

Advanced Tuner
    load with failed maf
    decipha @ EFIDynoTuning
    http://www.efidynotuning.com/

Yes, aircharge is clipped by Load w/failed MAF (and it's max multiplier). The whole table should be calibrated to match your engine hardware. One of our training videos did exactly this on a boosted 3v as a demo:

https://cartrainingonline.com/course...th-failed-maf/