Thread: Need OS 20325253AL and Vin number

Tuner in Training

Need OS 20325253AL and Vin number

Hey guys got a customer that had a ECM that was updated and it updated his OS to a 20325253AO, In order for his custom tunes to work he needs a OS of 20325253AL, If I can get the vin number and a stock file that would be appreciated so I can change the vin in the truck to accept the flash then change it back for his custom tunes.

For anyone curious why I'm not tuning it the truck has unknown sized oversize injectors and no matter how I've programmed it he's not happy, he apparantly loved what was on the programmer until another shop overwrote it, this is the simplest way I can find to get him happy.

Many thanks.

Banned
    You?ll have to talk to support the OS and getting it to work on the updated OS. Likely unless you have the original unlocked tune file you?ll be SOL on that, but if you have the original unlocked tune file you could just do a stock read and transfer everything to the new file. You can do a read to get the vin number or ask your customer what his vin number is. Not a single soul here in the forums can help you with that one. If you aren?t the holder of the original unlocked tune file, your customer would likely need to go to the original tuner.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim P View Post
    You?ll have to talk to support the OS and getting it to work on the updated OS. Likely unless you have the original unlocked tune file you?ll be SOL on that, but if you have the original unlocked tune file you could just do a stock read and transfer everything to the new file. You can do a read to get the vin number or ask your customer what his vin number is. Not a single soul here in the forums can help you with that one. If you aren?t the holder of the original unlocked tune file, your customer would likely need to go to the original tuner.
    I can flash a different file into the truck by changing this trucks VIN to match VIN off the file I'm asking for. Once thats done I can change the vin in the ECM back to OEM and I'll have the correct OS with the correct VIN so that the original tuner will work on the truck. The issue is its a old Diablo with custom tunes, that the customer has no idea whos they are, along with how big of injectors are in the truck. The autel will do all of the VIN work I just need the correct calibration OS and accompanied VIN to that file to make it flash into the ECM. Stock reads do not work on 03-05 cummins, you get a "virtual read" which also produces a different OS than what I need.

Banned
    I know it doesn?t actually read the calibration stored in the ECM. Dealer level hardware can be tricked into writing an older calibration, I don?t have an older calibration though.