Thread: 2 Bar 02 Silverado Losing Mani pressure/Fuel Pw

Advanced Tuner

2 Bar 02 Silverado Losing Mani pressure/Fuel Pw

Have an 02 boosted Silverado that is either losing Fuel pw, or Mani pressure. Hard to tell egg or chicken. I've tried a multitude of modified tables to see if I can find what is causing it. Happens everytime at around 3800rpm to 4000rpm. It is on a 2 bar Sd conversion. Early Ecm leaves little channels to tell me what is getting triggered to cut fuel, or if pressure is dropping which is causing fuel pw to decrease? Any input would be appreciated.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Senior Tuner
    It's losing boost first. What kind of air intake system do you have on the turbo? Could a coupler be sucking together? I've seen it happen.

Advanced Tuner
    It has a remote turbo setup on it. I will have to get under and check turbo inlet and outlet couplers to see if anything looks weird. I have seen diesel turbo setups suck inlets flat, but I will check and see if this setup has anything questionable.

Advanced Tuner
    It appears he has hard piping for the turbo inlet. So it doesn't seem to be the inlet collapsing. When doing S.d. on the early ecm's, it doesn't appear to have an overboost cut like the newer ecm's, unless I'm missing it in there somewhere?

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by h2.4 View Post
    It appears he has hard piping for the turbo inlet. So it doesn't seem to be the inlet collapsing. When doing S.d. on the early ecm's, it doesn't appear to have an overboost cut like the newer ecm's, unless I'm missing it in there somewhere?
    You're right. It doesn't have overboost cut on these early PCM's.

Kevin