Thread: 2016 Escape 2/0 tuning Help

Potential Tuner

2016 Escape 2/0 tuning Help

i am very new to tuning. I have been working on learning to tune 2.0t in my wifes Escape. I am trying to tune for a little better performance and a lot better gas mileage. It was hitting around 20.0 MPG which is very low compared to what I can find. I believe now its closer to 22-23 but still lower than EPA page. I have not checked or changed spark plugs yet but they have about 60k miles on them. Other than that it is stock.

I followed another post on here for the trans tune and several different places plus some of my own thoughts on the engine tuning. I feel like I am getting better performance but I am 2-4* lower on spark across the board. I have messed with MBT and Borderline spark tables and a bunch of other things. I had a hot idle issue and resolved it by reverting back to stock spark on all tables below 1500 rpm. I would love it if someone could look it over and help give me some direction on if things look okay and anything else I can do to improve the tune to improve MPG. My PIDs for the stock log were not set up as much as the most recent tune. But I think I am recording everything I need. Any help or direction would be appreciated.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner
    what fuel are you using? you need to do a wot 3rd or 4th gear pull from 3500- to 6000rpm and dont start recording until a few sec before your pull, it gives better resolution. if your still using 87 oct ,you won't be able to get much extra performance because the stock tune pretty much has it on the edge of knock.

The EPA also rates things at low speeds too. So if you are used to doing 80mph, you will never get good mileage. Stick to 65mph or so for best mileage.

Also tires and tire pressure can change fuel mileage. If the tread pattern is more aggressive or the tires you have on there are heavier than OEM tires that could be a cause. I see this with trucks for that car/suv's because a P rated tire could be 40lbs but the LT tire in the same size is 52lbs.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    So tires are OEM replacement and air pressures are on point. I just checked them a week ago but i could check again. The EPA site i cant remember but it posts their mpg and also average users can post real world and between that and elsewhere my MPG is still on the very low side.

Potential Tuner
    The "base" was on the last of 87 she had and then new tune was with full tank of 93 and its been drove a bit. I know this makes for a bit of an apple to oranges compare but 93 is somewhat available. We also have a lot of E15 and e85. I know its not flexfuel but just saying.

I can do a WOT 3rd or 4th pull tomorrow. Ill make sure to get better resolution and share it. Thank you!

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Dm1pfoy1 View Post
    The "base" was on the last of 87 she had and then new tune was with full tank of 93 and its been drove a bit. I know this makes for a bit of an apple to oranges compare but 93 is somewhat available. We also have a lot of E15 and e85. I know its not flexfuel but just saying.

I can do a WOT 3rd or 4th pull tomorrow. Ill make sure to get better resolution and share it. Thank you!
    i run e30, we got lots of e85 stations around here, uses more gas tho, but the power is impressive.