Thread: mpvi2 standard or pro for a beginner

Potential Tuner

mpvi2 standard or pro for a beginner

i'm new to tuning and interested in tuning my own truck and wondering should I purchase the standard or pro version?

I am relatively new myself, but if you are going to be "tuning" you need the ability to have a Wide Band O2 sensor, which HP requires the pro version as I understand it? someone correct me please if I'm wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Shade_tree_mechanic View Post
    I am relatively new myself, but if you are going to be "tuning" you need the ability to have a Wide Band O2 sensor, which HP requires the pro version as I understand it? someone correct me please if I'm wrong
    A wbo2 is a standalone device. It can be ran alone. To log the wbo2 signal directly in hptuners pro gives you an easy way to so this. But you can also do it other ways without pro.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Shade_tree_mechanic View Post
    I ordered the standard and once I get further in and see that I need the pro I will upgrade

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by JayRolla View Post
    A wbo2 is a standalone device. It can be ran alone. To log the wbo2 signal directly in hptuners pro gives you an easy way to so this. But you can also do it other ways without pro.
    What would the other options be to log without pro? I'm also fairly green at this whole deal, dont plan on getting the pro version as I'm just starting to mess around with my vehicles and they are all pretty much just bolt on vehicles. I will run a wideband with them, but if there is other ways to log besides the pro version, I'm all ears.

Advanced Tuner
    If you are dealing with 2007 or later vehicles, you can log wideband data with an AEM 30-0334, using the standard HPTuners setup.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by dr.mike View Post
    If you are dealing with 2007 or later vehicles, you can log wideband data with an AEM 30-0334, using the standard HPTuners setup.

best wideband.. no analog offsets. The pro might be nice for other sensors and standalone datalogging later... but that is your best wideband option and no pro interface needed for it.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs