Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I feel dumb

Quote Originally Posted by blindsquirrel View Post
    It won't work with the rev limit lower than stock. The relearn function isn't configured to live in a world where us end users change things.
    Well I tried it both ways, and it did the same thing either way: Nothing. No confirmation, no warning, nada. And this was using the scanner so I am surprised as all hell there isn't some kind of alert or notification about any of this.

I think at the very least the help file should mention these things
    but I know thats not your job or fault, thanks for the info guise

I dunno how it's supposed to work when using the scanner, as I use a Tech2 for these sorts of things. But, with Tech2, when you mat the throttle and it revs, it hits the shutoff and coasts down even if you keep the throttle pinned. It does not do that if you are not doing the CKP relearn, it hits a regular limiter and stays there.

Block drive wheels.
    Set parking brake.
    DO NOT apply brake pedal.
    Cycle ignition from OFF to ON.
    Apply and hold brake pedal.
    Start and idle engine.
    Turn A/C OFF.
    Vehicle must remain in Park or Neutral.
    The scan tool monitors certain component signals to determine if all the conditions are met to continue with the procedure. The scan tool only displays the condition that inhibits the procedure. The scan tool monitors the following components:
    ? CKP sensors activity--If there is a CKP sensor condition, refer to the applicable DTC that set.
    ? Camshaft position (CMP) sensor activity--If there is a CMP sensor condition, refer to the applicable DTC that set.
    ? Engine coolant temperature (ECT)--If the ECT is not warm enough, idle the engine until the engine coolant temperature reaches the correct temperature.
    Enable the CKP system variation learn procedure with a scan tool.
    Important: While the learn procedure is in progress, release the throttle immediately when the engine starts to decelerate. The engine control is returned to the operator and the engine responds to throttle position after the learn procedure is complete.
    Accelerate to WOT.
    Release when the fuel cut-off occurs.
    Test in progress
    The scan tool displays Learn Status: Learned this ignition. If the scan tool indicates that DTC P0315 ran and passed, the CKP variation learn procedure is complete. If the scan tool indicates DTC P0315 failed or did not run, refer to DTC P0315 . If any other DTCs set, refer to Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) List - Vehicle in Vehicle DTC Information for the applicable DTC that set.
    Turn OFF the ignition for 30 seconds after the learn procedure is completed successfully.
    The CKP system variation learn procedure is also required when the following service procedures have been performed, regardless of whether DTC P0315 is set:
    ? A CKP sensor replacement
    ? An engine replacement
    ? A ECM replacement
    ? A harmonic balancer replacement
    ? A crankshaft replacement
    ? Any engine repairs which disturb the CKP sensor relationship
    Did you read that carefully? If you press the brake pedal before switching IGN from OFF to RUN, the test will fail. If you do not have a brake position switch wired up like the factory had it, the test will fail. If ECT is not above a certain temp, the test will fail. If you have some crazy shit wired up to the A/C input pin such that the ECM/PCM thinks the A/C is on even though you don't even have A/C, the test will fail. The Tech2 gives you feedback on what's happening and whether the test worked or didn't.