Thread: Serial-MPVI Upgrade/Credit Question

Serial-MPVI Upgrade/Credit Question

I have the serial interface with '99 and '04 Corvette tuning. My '99 got smacked up. Insurance totaled it and I am now the proud owner of an '05 C6. In reading through my portal's "Order Upgrades" (which is very detailed BTW) it would seem I need to upgrade to the MPVI interface ($149 or $199 + $10 shipping) and then I could add my '05's VIN for two credits ($100).

This is all well and good but I no longer have a need for the '99 tuning capability. Is there any way to credit this toward the '05 tuning similar to the 3/4 credit upgrade? A long shot I know but I figured it was worth asking.
    Bill Winters

Former owner/builder/tuner of the FarmVette
    Out of the LSx tuning game

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by 5_Liter_Eater
    I have the serial interface with '99 and '04 Corvette tuning. My '99 got smacked up. Insurance totaled it and I am now the proud owner of an '05 C6. In reading through my portal's "Order Upgrades" (which is very detailed BTW) it would seem I need to upgrade to the MPVI interface ($149 or $199 + $10 shipping) and then I could add my '05's VIN for two credits ($100).

This is all well and good but I no longer have a need for the '99 tuning capability. Is there any way to credit this toward the '05 tuning similar to the 3/4 credit upgrade? A long shot I know but I figured it was worth asking.
    LS2's are actually 4 credits for a pcm locked license currently and once you upgrade you get to keep your 99 & 04 vette year/model licenses.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Well that doesn't make good business sense. So $350 for one more vehicle or sell my serial version, for say $200, and buy new with 8 credits for $500.
    Bill Winters

Former owner/builder/tuner of the FarmVette
    Out of the LSx tuning game

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    makes good business sense when you consider you'd still have your two year locked licenses in addition to the new cable
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"