Thread: EQ error ratio help: AEM x-series, non-CANBus car, HPTuners 4.3.x

Tuner in Training

EQ error ratio help: AEM x-series, non-CANBus car, HPTuners 4.3.x

I am trying to get AFR EQ error ratio to use the AEM wideband. I currently have the AEM brown analog - connected to the Pro Link black and AEM white analog + 0-5v input connected to the Pro Link red.

I got the lambda to show in the scanner using the transform function, but I cannot get the EQ error math to read the EQ from the AEM, it only has voltage options.

Do I have to connect the AEM green and white AEMnet wires to the Pro Link orange and yellow wires to be able to use the AEM for EQ error math?

Tuner
    So, set your AFR to Lambda. Then go into VCM scanner and create a custom math function. You will need to have the AEM gauge and commanded EQ ratio logging in your channels. Then create a new user math parameter and get the variables for the gauge and commanded EQ ratio. The use the following math function to get your error ratio:

100 * (aem - cmd. eq) / cmd. eq

Make sure values for both are set to lambda. To be honest, you should be tuning everything that is NOT WOT with your stft or stft+ltft error ratios. Then use the wideband as a secondary and they should more or less agree with one another. Then use your custom math functions for the wideband for WOT tuning, as stft and ltft won't work because you will be in open loop. As for the analog input, I much prefer to use the serial cable, as it's not going to vary based on some voltage offset. It's serial data, so it will read exactly what you are getting from the gauge without any other variables like bad grounds or voltage offset.
    "Insert some inspirational or smart*** quote here..." - Some Dude
    software_engineer.net_sec.linux_hero
    www.dusette.net
    RoninDusette@github