Thread: 2012 L99/6l80e help needed

Potential Tuner

2012 L99/6l80e help needed

Currently tuning a camaro ss with headers and cai. I felt that i did everything right, but at wot the car is popping really bad like its lean. i added 20% more fuel and it is still doing it. i would appreciate any help and advice, im new to tuning and dont have a wideband to hookup yet. Ive attached the file below.L99 Headers Cai.hpt

What is your fuel pressure doing?
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    About 51 psi at wot

There really shouldn't be any reason to add that much fuel to the power enrichment.

You would only need to adjust the MAF or VVE to add or remove fuel to reach the target air fuel ratio.

Unless there is a bad exhaust leak or the intake has a leak, that would be an issue that could cause it to be so lean. I would return the stuff to stock that you changed for the open loop and pe stuff.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Dont do any WOT tuning until you have a wideband. I would set the PE Gas EQ table back to stock and don?t touch it until you have a wideband. Also, stay out of WOT until you have the ability to dial in those sections of the MAF table with a wideband sensor.

Also, as said above, no need to add that fuel to the PE table. You?re currently trying to command 10:1 AFR which is way too rich.

Have you done part throttle tuning yet via the narrowband o2 sensors?

Potential Tuner
    We found that the car had a burnt plug wire from the headers, so I told the owner to replace that. I returned the fueling back to stock, and still waiting on my wideband to come in the mail

Potential Tuner
    20% on all motor? 51psi is a little low fuel pressure, 58 to 60 psi is normal. Check the small fuel trim(SFT) and large fuel trim (LFT) in the scanner. They should be 0 at idle and about -10 to -15 at WOT. The closer to 0 the SFT at idle the better. Scan the car and post it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jlgo View Post
    20% on all motor? 51psi is a little low fuel pressure, 58 to 60 psi is normal. Check the small fuel trim(SFT) and large fuel trim (LFT) in the scanner. They should be 0 at idle and about -10 to -15 at WOT. The closer to 0 the SFT at idle the better. Scan the car and post it.
    No