Thread: Pro features required? Quick question

Tuner in Training

Pro features required? Quick question

About to buy the AEM 30-0334 X series wideband and need to know if I have to have the pro features to use it? I already own the MPVI2, just need a wideband to tune my ls swapped Jeep. I have no plans to tune anything older than my 2013 vehicle.

I have done some looking and just can't find a definitive answer and I just don't want to find out after spending $225 on the wideband that it is useless to me unless I spend the $249 for the pro features set.
    Can anybody verify?
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by chipflyer View Post
    About to buy the AEM 30-0334 X series wideband and need to know if I have to have the pro features to use it? I already own the MPVI2, just need a wideband to tune my ls swapped Jeep. I have no plans to tune anything older than my 2013 vehicle.

I have done some looking and just can't find a definitive answer and I just don't want to find out after spending $225 on the wideband that it is useless to me unless I spend the $249 for the pro features set.
    Can anybody verify?
    Thank you.
    Based on my understanding, you should NOT need the pro features.

The AEM 30-0334 will dump its data in an unused PID on the CAN bus...HPT recognizes this, and pulls it off just like it would any other PID from the OBDII port.
    2008 Viper - now with HPToona - 1/4 Mile Shenanigans Here
    11.02 @ 130

Advanced Tuner
    Assuming that your ECU is CAN based ( 2008 or later, but, also, some earlier models ), the 30-0334 becomes part of the vehicle, so far as the MPVI2 is concerned. So the AFR/Lambda data shows up as if the car had built-in widebands. It is read via the standard wideband PID(s). And, it does not require the Pro-feature-set or the Pro-Link.

The 30-0300 must be used for non-CAN-based ECUs. Usually, this WILL require the Pro-feature-set and Pro-Link adapter, to get the fastest/most accurate data. There are ways around this, using serial data or A/C or EGR sensor wiring. But, these options are "sub-optimal".

Some day I may have to make an OBDII adapter for non-CAN based ECUs. But, not this week

Dr Mike is correct, I have a non Can with a Ballenger AFR 500 V2 with NTK WB, Had to buy Prolink feature and cable, however, VCM scanner Reads 3.0 higher than readout on gauge, HP support is useless, the math table in Scanner is different than what comes with Sensor. Haven't got the 2 readings to match yet so I am reluctant to make changes.