Thread: Stuck on 2014 F150

Tuner in Training

Stuck on 2014 F150

I am in the middle of trying to ramp up the power on my 2014 3.5 Ecoboost and I am running into some kind of limiter. The thing is, all of my sources look good and I am getting the correct desired brake torque/ETC requested torque, but my actual engine brake torque starts to drop below desired at about 3800 rpm. By 5800 rpm it is ~50 ft-lbs lower than the desired torque.

Pull-1.PNG

Pull.PNG

1.7.11 General Log 1.hpl

Any ideas as to what could be causing the actual torque to be lower than desired?

BTW, the log is a few minutes long. The WOT pull is right at the end.
    Last edited by mass-hole; 03-07-2021 at 08:31 PM.
    2014 F150 EcoBoost

Tuner in Training
    I ended up figuring this out, it was the Pressure Ratio table under Airflow > Turbocharger:

PR table edits.PNG

I adjusted the x-axis values to give me a little more room and after that it pulled right to 6000 rpm with the throttle wide open and hit 38 lbs/min, which is about all the turbos can do at my elevation.

The weird thing was, I did log pressure ratio, and the pressure ratios were not as high as what was in the table. I think you need to log the turbo inlet pressure(from the sensor by the air filter) as well as the TIP. Then you have to add the values from the High Pressure Drop table(Airflow > Pressure Control) to the TIP to get your calculated compressor outlet pressure.

So: (Throttle Inlet Pressure + High Pressure Drop) / Turbo Inlet Pressure will give you your true pressure ratio and likely what the PCM is using for the calculation.
    2014 F150 EcoBoost

Advanced Tuner
    What did you rescale it to?