Thread: New to HP tuners/LY6 2500hd turbo "help"

Potential Tuner

Talking New to HP tuners/LY6 2500hd turbo "help"

Hello to all! I hope I'm doing this right. So, 08 2500hd 6.0 LY6, completely stock, just added turbo-china "GT45". Custom built my whole hot side with factory manifolds. I have MAF plumbed but running SD (I think) factory MAP sensor. I have o2 sensors installed just in case-they are unplugged currently. I downloaded a tune from SLoppy that was relatively close on an e38 ecu and pasted over most the data minus cam stuff. Struck runs actually pretty good, little rich(have AFR but not hooked to logger). Hits 8lbs of boost @ 9.5-10 AFR and at cruise hangs around 11.7 AFR in the log I've added below. Added the current tune also.

BASICALLY I guess I'm just asking if someone could look it over and tell me where I could improve. I WILL figure out how to do it, just seeing if someone experienced just point me in the right direction! I really appreciate it and I love this Forum!!!!
    Attached Files Attached Files

You can't run speed density with the stock MAP sensor, you must have a 2 or 3 bar sensor so you can tune the MAF or VVE for boost. You don't even have close to enough fuel injector to run boost either, you are going to blow this thing up in no time flat.

This tune is setup to run the MAF sensor, it's not in speed density at all. The air fuel ratio in for power enrichment is commanding like 12.5. You need to command something like 11.5 and you need to make the fueling match that with the MAF/VVE.

To put it lightly I have no idea why this tune even exists, it's terrible.

The tune says it's a 4.8 engine. You need larger injectors, that timing curve is terrible for a stock engine and camshaft. The factory timing curve was way better, just needs adjustments for boost area's. You need a 2 or 3 bar map sensor and all the fueling stuff needs to be fixed.

Also the log is missing lots of stuff. No knock retard, burst knock, injector pulse width avg for both banks, not MAP sensor data and the wideband data is not in the log.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    I appreciate the feedback! Obviously I am a beginner. Back to the drawing board