Thread: 8hp70 tune for 2015 built durango.

Potential Tuner

8hp70 tune for 2015 built durango.

Hi there. We have a tuned built durango. 392 whipple. Built trans and t case and converter. We have attempted to have some help us and they seemed to only tune 3/4 and full throttle. Street driving is horrible! Shifts way early and doesn?t really down shift unless you romp on it. If someone could send me a tune just like track tune in Srt mode. But... go into 8th at 70mph and under 20% throttle. And down shift after taking it to 120. Not just coast like it does now. Thats nerve racking having to lay on the brakes. As my hellcat the engine and down shifting assist me in down shifting. Faster shifting pressures etc. Money isn?t an object I just want it done right! I don?t do the tuning for myself but decided to get this myself and finally get it done right. Thanks fellas it?s been a long road for the last 8 months trying wake this up.
    Last edited by Steve1973; 03-08-2021 at 06:45 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Assuming they've already done a relearn for the built Trans, if it was me, I'd set the b*tch back to stock and start with the basics. One step at a time, working your driveabilty issues. Stock 8hp70 built or not, even with an OEM tune shouldn't be acting like that. It's not rocket science but it takes a lot of drive time to dial in to get it the way you need it to be. A bad tune is the number 1 reason these fail.