Thread: LS7 hot start issue

Potential Tuner

LS7 hot start issue

Engine starts fine on cold start although seems to be a little rich but when the engine is up to operating temperature you pull up somewhere shut the engine off then try to start it back up it seems like it?s over fueling almost. Would anybody be willing to look at the tune and see what may need to be changed?

sure post your log and tune. what ive been doing is using ITT to adjust fueling during cold/hot start, but that may not be the RIGHT WAY. but be aware that 1st crank after adjusting ITT itll run rich until the pcm resets and itll take about 10-15 min after 1st start for it to look right. then if your happy next crank it should be right. make sense?

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by geneass View Post
    sure post your log and tune. what ive been doing is using ITT to adjust fueling during cold/hot start, but that may not be the RIGHT WAY. but be aware that 1st crank after adjusting ITT itll run rich until the pcm resets and itll take about 10-15 min after 1st start for it to look right. then if your happy next crank it should be right. make sense?

Potential Tuner
    I don?t have any logs just the tune as soon as I can I will post the tune
    Last edited by Wannabetuner21; 03-10-2021 at 02:18 PM.

Potential Tuner
    Here is the current tune if anybody would like to take a look . Thanks for any help
    Attached Files Attached Files

FUEL> GENERAL > CRANKING FUEL.
    Multiply entire chart by 90%. Assuming you have larger injectors this fixed it for me.