Thread: ECM only flash

Tuner in Training

ECM only flash 2005 6.0

Guys I wasn?t planning on having to flash my FICM as I had only adjusted the ECM and TCM on my 6.0 Powerstroke file.
    I?ve licensed the ECM/TCM controller but it won?t let me flash. Keeps saying the FICM isn?t licensed. Is there not a way to flash the ECM/TCM only?
    It won?t even let reflash the stock tune for the same reason. Says the FICM is not licensed. I was under impression that was separate and optional. Looks like it?s not? I don?t want to spend the extra on credits if I happened to do something wrong with the initial license....
    Last edited by Haulinbass02; 03-10-2021 at 05:39 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Tech support came thru and got it fixed for me.

Tuner in Training
    what did they do? Had similar problem. What did they say to do different?

Quote Originally Posted by lewingjr View Post
    what did they do? Had similar problem. What did they say to do different?
    You select and read out only the specific controllers you want. After connecting your MPVI1 or 2 hit gather info, it will pull up all available controllers and they automatically default to be read out. Select do not read on the FICM and any other controller you don't want to license and you're good to go. This is the same for every vehicle.

Tuner in Training
    I had to remove the FICM from the list of controllers under EDIT/CALIBRATION DETAILS

Tuner in Training
    Yup, I didn't know that when I read the vehicle. But now I'm just that much wiser...