Thread: Controller Unlocker x11 Error

Controller Unlocker x11 Error

I posted this to another forum but realize I should post it to the Dodge one.

I'm getting this Error now. I have two ECU's (NGC4) for the same truck (08 Dakota) the software reads the old one fine but not the new one.
    I also have Autoenginuity software and it connect to the new ECU fine.
    I have tried rebooting, different USB port, standing on my head facing North, Swapped back to the old ECU and it reads, new one and it does not. I did change the new (used ) ECU's Vin with Autoenginuity so I know I'm connecting. The HP scanner connects no problem and editor reads the info and correct Vin but "fails" to connect. It doesn't even get to the point of asking what ECU to connect to.
    I'm new to this so I'm sure its something stupid I'm doing wrong.

After a few weeks of aggravation it turns out that Dodge put a lock in the last OS upgrade. The older ECU has an older OS so it reads fine. I sent the new ECU (2 of them) to a shop in Alberta that can flash the OS since the dealer could not. The shop came back and said the ECU's were locked. He bought an older used one on his own dime to test. As soon as he flashed the latest OS into that used ECU it locked it. He was able to flash an older OS into all three ECU's and the lock went away. Just be careful when HPT tells you you need to update to the latest OS as it may lock the ECU.
    Last edited by EVguy1; 07-07-2021 at 09:37 AM.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by EVguy1 View Post
    After a few weeks of aggravation it turns out that Dodge put a lock in the last OS upgrade. The older ECU has an older OS so it reads fine. I sent the new ECU (2 of them) to a shop in Alberta that can flash the OS since the dealer could not. The shop came back and said the ECU's were locked. He bought an older used one on his own dime to test. As soon as he flashed the latest OS into that used ECU it locked it. He was able to flash an older OS into all three ECU's and the lock went away. Just be careful when HPT tells you you need to update to the latest OS as it may lock the ECU.
    Well that is interesting. I haven't come across this yet.

Tuner in Training
    same issue with 2010 NGC4 here. Opened a ticket and waiting for a resolution.

Good luck with that.
    It will be interesting to see what they come up with.