Thread: Function parameters

Potential Tuner

User Math Expression help

I'm trying to setup a Glowshift fuel pressure sensor on my Pro Link analog line.

I'm trying to create a math expression. The formula I need to create is (V-O)/M = P
    Where V= volts output by the sensor
    O = initial offset = .5
    M = multiplier = .027586 and
    P = the resulting PSI.

This is my first expression to create and the learning curve is kinda steep for me. Any assistance will be appreciated.

Below is a chart provided by Glow Shift.

Glow Shift Pressure Gauge chart.png

This is what I've come up with so far but it's in pink and if I read correctly that means there's an error.

[(6507.10-.5)/.027586]
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by KYWes55; 03-16-2021 at 06:25 AM. Reason: Additional information
    1995 Z28 Camaro Convertible M6 with the Torqhead 24x ignition. Pacesetter longtubes, LE2 head package, other mods.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by KYWes55 View Post
    I'm trying to setup a Glowshift fuel pressure sensor on my Pro Link analog line.

I'm trying to create a math expression. The formula I need to create is (V-O)/M = P
    Where V= volts output by the sensor
    O = initial offset = .5
    M = multiplier = .027586 and
    P = the resulting PSI.

This is my first expression to create and the learning curve is kinda steep for me. Any assistance will be appreciated.

Below is a chart provided by Glow Shift.

Glow Shift Pressure Gauge chart.png

This is what I've come up with so far but it's in pink and if I read correctly that means there's an error.

[(6507.10-.5)/.027586]
    From your equation, I am guessing that the '6507.10' is the analog input parameter for whichever external input you have connected your GlowShift gauge to. If that is the case, the parameter needs to be bracketed, [parameter], for the scanner to know that it needs to get the value from another location.

Try putting it in like this:
    ([6507.10]-.5)/.027586

2012 Camaro SS/RS, LS3, m6, Whipple 2.9L, custom cam, E85, methanol
    2007 Avalanche, 5.3L "383", 2.3L Whipple, E85, custom cam