Thread: Dodge Unlock Newbie Question

Tuner in Training

Dodge Unlock Newbie Question

Hello, customer brings a 2018 Charger and asks me if there is any way to know if the ECU has already been unlocked? Sorry for noob question. TIA.

More detail - I had him buy and install smart access cable before he brought me the car. I will attach the stock read file. Seems very unlikely it is unlocked, since it didn't have the smart access cable, however I would like to educate myself and be able to know for sure.

AC
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by AC3; 03-13-2021 at 01:05 PM. Reason: typos

Tuner in Training
    Bump?

Potential Tuner mopar_affliction's Avatar

Dodge/Chrysler Vehicles +2018-up

All Dodge/Chrysler Vehicles 2018-up need to send HPT a original vehicle PCM or (junkyard or spare) for the unlock service to upload a tune file. If it's not unlocked it and you try to upload a Tune into vehicles it will say "Controller Init: Incompatible PCM Software" and you will need to send it in. Option 2 is a little more invasive. Involves removing the current PCM(YouTube Link Below) located towards the back of engine compartment on the left side, removing 4 of the pins holding the plastic covering above firewall and then remove the 13mm bolt holding the PCM in and if you pull it up you should be able to tell if the back plate has been removed by the tabs holding it closed.
    How to Remove PCM Video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_M2...st=WL&index=11