Thread: First diesel tune, need some input/help

Potential Tuner

First diesel tune, need some input/help

I am working on putting together a tow tune (with light power and mileage being the goal) and need some help. Two things are new to me here, diesel tuning and transmission tuning. I have not been into auto transmissions as I usually use HP for my manual VW GTI

Heres what I am starting with06lbz.hpt

For engine tuning did you look at the forum sticky? Some good starting points for a good enhanced tow type tune. It worked well on my lmm. Havent had a chance to log much to tweak the mileage rpm range but overall is a decent tune. I havent touched my tranny yet other than a shift kit but hopefully will soon.
    Unfortunately not much here. If you head to other sites however all the tuning theory applies no matter what system you use. I like HPT personally. Probably because of my familiarity with it. Good luck!
    If i get my tuning laptop out i'll take a look at your file but, it'll be amateur eyes as i've only tuned 1 diesel.
    2006 GTO 403ci lsa heads kooks long tubes corsa ss exhaust OTR intake HPTuned

2010 GMC Sierra LMM Duramax. Exhaust and tuned

Potential Tuner
    I appreciate the help, I did look at the sticky after posting this and havent had time to get to it yet. Its going to take me a bit to get the hang of diesel I can already tell.