Thread: New to Tuning. Looking for a Tune. 2006 R/T Charger

New to Tuning. Looking for a Tune. 2006 R/T Charger

Hi all, I'm new to the tuning. Been watching videos and learning as much as I can. I have a couple of more things to do to my charger before I put a tune on it. I'm waiting on getting a borla exhaust system to have put in, and have someone here that can help me tune with the MK module and HPTuner software. I tried looking at the demos, and there isn't a profile for the charger, just a 300. I wanted to learn more about the software and my charger. So I figured, in the mean time, could I get someone to send me a tune? I need the MDS off, traction control if possible, and the HP/Torque to be boosted. Also 91 octane. I currently have straight pipes and a CAI from K&N. Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Drogemeister; 03-15-2021 at 02:37 AM.

Tuner
    Open your account and then go to Tune Repository. There are a number of Charger tunes.
    2010 Jeep GC 5.7 Eagle Head motor, 2" OME lift, cats removed, full MDS delete

You won't likely see much for gains on HP without more extensive mods. A few hp in the midrange maybe. You can fine tune the throttle and make the car more fun to drive, however.
    Owner/Tuner@Evolution Automotive Performance
    Lincoln, Ne

Quote Originally Posted by skala308 View Post
    Open your account and then go to Tune Repository. There are a number of Charger tunes.
    I haven't bought the module yet, so I didn't know it came with pretunes.

Quote Originally Posted by Evo8john View Post
    You won't likely see much for gains on HP without more extensive mods. A few hp in the midrange maybe. You can fine tune the throttle and make the car more fun to drive, however.
    I pretty much just want it right now, to disable the MDS and change the octane. Right now, I'm using the default tune, and it's tuned for 89

Tuner
    To make any changes, you either need somebody with a module and credits to do it for you, or you need to get yourself a module and credits. The tune file alone will not help you.
    2010 Jeep GC 5.7 Eagle Head motor, 2" OME lift, cats removed, full MDS delete

To make any changes, you either need somebody with a module and credits to do it for you, or you need to get yourself a module and credits. The tune file alone will not help you.
    Right. I'm getting the module. I was talking about the demo pre tunes they give you. You're saying that the module comes with pretunes? I've never bought one, so I don't know if they come with pretunes or not. I also don't know where to get them if they don't. I do know about the credits for $50.

They don't come with any "canned" tunes. There are sometimes files on the repository that you can reference for ideas on what changes to make, but nothing I would suggest just copying over and dumping into your car.
    Owner/Tuner@Evolution Automotive Performance
    Lincoln, Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Evo8john View Post
    They don't come with any "canned" tunes. There are sometimes files on the repository that you can reference for ideas on what changes to make, but nothing I would suggest just copying over and dumping into your car.
    Ok thanks. I just ordered the MKIV. Looking forward to playing with it. It shows I need 2 credits for each tune, is that correct?

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Drogemeister View Post
    Ok thanks. I just ordered the MKIV. Looking forward to playing with it. It shows I need 2 credits for each tune, is that correct?
    Yes, two credits should do it for your car. You can go to HP Tuners website and they list all of the supported cars and the credits they require for each. I just got my HP tuner and credits today and turned off the MDS on my 2007 Daytona RT. The tuner worked great, however I did get some random check engine codes after installing the tune with the MDS turned off, but all I had to do was run the HP scanner and delete the codes and they never came back and the car drives great!
    Last edited by KenMiller; 03-18-2021 at 09:20 AM.

There's only 3 lol