Thread: Hoping to Switch to HP - Tuning stock 5.7?

Potential Tuner

Hoping to Switch to HP - Tuning stock 5.7?

Currently I have a Diablosport Trinity tuner, but my parents have a car that needs tuning too (Both cars are a stock 2005 5.7 Dodge Magnum, but mine has a 3200 stall. Both have a catback exhaust). I've been using the Canned Diablosport 91 Octane CAI tune and it's been working fairly good.

Rather than upgrading to the newer Trinity, or buying a second tuner, I'm looking at switching to HP. Ideally though not have to pay for a dyno tune right away, if I can somehow stick with the canned Diablo tune at first that would be ideal (would rather wait until I do some bolt ons to do a dyno tune)

Is there any copies of the Diablosport 91/93 Octane tunes available to use initially? Or would it work to tune the car using the Trinity, pull the tune using HP, return the car to stock using the trinity, and then reinstall the tune using HP? Hoping to sell the Trinity after to recoup some costs.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by SaskMopar View Post
    Currently I have a Diablosport Trinity tuner, but my parents have a car that needs tuning too (Both cars are a stock 2005 5.7 Dodge Magnum, but mine has a 3200 stall. Both have a catback exhaust). I've been using the Canned Diablosport 91 Octane CAI tune and it's been working fairly good.

Rather than upgrading to the newer Trinity, or buying a second tuner, I'm looking at switching to HP. Ideally though not have to pay for a dyno tune right away, if I can somehow stick with the canned Diablo tune at first that would be ideal (would rather wait until I do some bolt ons to do a dyno tune)

Is there any copies of the Diablosport 91/93 Octane tunes available to use initially? Or would it work to tune the car using the Trinity, pull the tune using HP, return the car to stock using the trinity, and then reinstall the tune using HP? Hoping to sell the Trinity after to recoup some costs.

I believe you can have the diablosport tune installed and then save a copy with HP. Then resort back to factory to sell the diablosport and then just load it back up with HP.

Correct, you have to read tune from pcm with VCM suite then save it as .hpt