Thread: pegged 02 sensors

Tuner

pegged 02 sensors

02 are pegged at1107mv when sensors are unplugged only way get them read o is cross signals they wont read 450mv.not sure if its 02s or ecm?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner
    forgot to mention have 3 e92 i have tried all the same... i was thinking sensors or hp software checked grounds have two harnesses. .ones a bench

Tuner
    DID TRY mpiv2 on another car works great if o2 unplugged an not o2. whats chances of used ecu fried as well as all the other two? or both harnesses?

Not sure your reason for checking O2 sensor value when unplugged. Many scan tools will read a default value when unplugged but some scan tools will read different. Common failure I used to see in the past was using a Snap On scanner for a sensor value of the related DTC. Using my factory MDI and Tech2Win I would get different values. Snap On would give incorrect values. Never really investigated because I had a quality scan tool I trusted. Snap on scan tools are awful. Anyways you could always inject a voltage into the sens line and verify with scan tool. Some GM O2's will have a separate ground OR case ground. It does make a difference.

E92 dead sensor or wiring stays at 1.107 and not 45x mv

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C

Tuner in Training
    What's the voltage on the O2 signal wires? Is it 1100 mV or higher? If so, sounds like a ground is off.
    Joe

Tuner

pegged o2s

have checked wiring have two harness . bought another ecu an have checked o2 with propane .1 to .9 volt. this started when i could have possibly plugged o2sin backwards. only way o2 will go down in volts to 0 is plug in backwards. here a log like 30 seconds in when i turn ignition off an back on fuel trims hit -100 an then o2 go to 0

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Charles View Post
    E92 dead sensor or wiring stays at 1.107 and not 45x mv
    have two harnesses verified both. 3 ecus all do same checked 02s .1 to .9 v with heat. on my hp scanner turn ignition off then on fruel trims spike -100 then o2 go to 0.if i try start high fuel pressure sends to reduced poweer an wont even start.

Tuner
    b the way ive went to special settings an reset fuel trims nothing.....

Tuner
    have checked grounds. have factory l83 battery ground one to block other to cab.an one strap block to frame..all good an resitance check.

Tuner

pegged o2s

conector x2 black middle one.Pin 10 bank one high signal.Pin 26 low signal bank one.Pin 41 o2 bank one heater control. an my 12v fused 15amp. backed pinned an checked make sure with color an continuity.its right as for bank two right also.not ned say more. have checked all wires front to back an made sure no wires where crossing where they could have been rubbed or burnt through these harnesses one new the other gently used.

Tuner
    an if unplugged aint they to still read 450mv on the hp scanner.

If you unplug them they go to the same reading you are getting

Tuner
    ya i tested the 02s again not sure they any good have a crap multimeter.just order new 02s.cause another harness or the 3rd e92 isnt the problem.so it must be the logical. o2s.yes unplugging them the same. only way get them down turn ignition of then back on or unplug ecm,but they go to 0 an fuel trims spike.i have a log up at top of post 30 sec in you can see what its doing weather cange out ecm or turn ignition off.

Tuner
    this is my third ecu an second set of o2s ive tried.i have a bench harness i purchased an nothing else is plugged in an i still get pegged 1107mv.plugging them in changes nothing.Have checked all pins an power ground an all data wires are correct used the gm upfitters site to do my wiring.i have had this set up running before.what i have changed or messed up i dont now stock tune have used compare files to verify.even on hp scanners used graph stock paramerters thought mabey i was using wrong maths or measurments nope.checked o2s with propane continuity check an voltage drop with ohm meter. even bench harness with standalone battery no charger.want say hp software there is a bug but scanner works fine on another vehicle.turing vechile off then turning back on voltage drops to 0 then ltft spike to -100

Tuner
    nope can grt them down when back feeding an ohm meter in continuity check when i hit audible signal it goes 450 or just grounding high an low side of o2s they will bounce down.